SS.1.1 Exploring Our School
SS 1.1.1 A school community is a safe place.
- Schools have rules
- Classrooms have rules
- Students are good classroom citizens
- Students respect individual differences/respect each other.
SS 1.1.2 A school community works together.
- School workers are trusted, adults
- Students and staff have roles and responsibilities
SS.1.2 Exploring Our Neighborhood
SS 1.2.1 Neighborhoods have people.
- People and families live in a neighborhood.
- Neighborhoods have different kinds of homes.
SS 1.2.2 Neighborhoods have a place.
- Everyone needs to know where they live
- Neighborhoods can be located on a map
- Neighborhoods are unique
SS 1.2.3 Neighborhoods have a purpose.
- People work in a neighborhood
- Neighborhoods meet different wants and needs.
- Neighborhoods provide goods and services.
SS.1.3 Exploring Our Country
SS 1.3.1 Our country has a place on earth.
- The globe is a model of the earth
- The earth is made of land and water
- A country can be located on a globe and map using directions
- Our country is made up of 50 states
SS 1.3.2 Our country has a history.
- Many symbols represent our country
- People make our history great
- We celebrate our history through holidays
SS.1.4 Exploring Our World
SS 1.4.1 The World is made up of continents and oceans.
- Recognize that continents have different shapes, sizes and names
- Locate and label continents
- Identify largest areas of water as oceans
- Continents can have many countries
SS 1.4.2 Unique people make up our world
- We have families
- We have homes
- We have celebrations and traditions
- We learn
- We eat
- We play
- Geography influences our lives