Welcome New and Returning Students! We are glad that you are here 🙂
- PSAT Test
IF YOU ARE A SOPHOMORE OR JUNIOR, PLANNING TO ATTEND A 4-YEAR COLLEGE AFTER GRADUATION, THIS TEST IS FOR YOU!
The Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) will be on Saturday, October 14th. LPS is not in session for fall break October 16th and 17th. Registration will start September 25th in the North Star Counseling Center. This test is only administered once a year. It is designed specifically for sophomores and juniors planning to attend a 4-year college. For juniors, this is a National Merit Scholarship qualifying test. Reasons you might want to take the PSAT are to:
the spring of your junior year and fall of your senior year;
– Receive college materials directly from institutions;
– Get information about how your skills in English and math compare to other students who plan to go to a 4-year college.
– Plan courses to take before you graduate from North Star High School;
– Enter the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
- New Student Registrations
For new students coming to LPS, students and families will need to contact Jodi Vanek, school registrar, at 402-436-1305 option 1 to set up a new student registration appointment.
- The North Star Counseling Center is here to serve all students. We look forward to assisting students as they transition to high school, progress through the curriculum and move toward their post secondary plans. The Lincoln North Star Counseling Center is open from 7:30 am to 3:45 pm Monday through Friday. Counselors are on duty from 7:45 am to 3:15 pm but may be out of the immediate office due to scheduled meetings and or school appointments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Counseling Center – 402-436-1305 opt. 3