Welcome New and Returning Students! We are glad that you are here 🙂
- Summer School 2017
- 2017-2018 Student Schedules
Student schedules for the 2017-2018 school year are scheduled by LPS computing services to be made available to students and families on Wednesday, July 26th on Synergy ParentVUE/StudentVUE. You can access Synergy ParentVUE/StudentVUE on the front page of the North Star School Website – lns.lps.org
The link below is a parent/guardian resource to Synergy.
- Schedule Change Opportunities
If interested in a schedule change appointment, it is important to call or e-mail in advance to reserve an appointment time. Starting Wednesday, July 26th students and families interested in a schedule change can call the counseling center at 402-436-1305 option 3 to make a schedule change appointment. Schedule change appointments can also be made be by e-mailing counseling center administrative assistant, Jessi Cota, at email@example.com. Schedule change sessions will be on August 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th and 9th.
***If your home does not have internet access, please consider using one of the Lincoln Public Libraries or you may come to North Star and check with the main office for use of a computer.***
- PSAT Test
IF YOU ARE A SOPHOMORE OR JUNIOR, PLANNING TO ATTEND A 4-YEAR COLLEGE AFTER GRADUATION, THIS TEST IS FOR YOU!
The Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) will be on Saturday, October 14th. LPS is not in session for fall break October 16th and 17th. Registration will start September 25th in the North Star Counseling Center. This test is only administered once a yea. It is designed specifically for sophomores and juniors planning to attend a 4-year college. For juniors, this is a National Merit Scholarship qualifying test. Reasons you might want to take the PSAT are to:
the spring of your junior year and fall of your senior year;
– Receive college materials directly from institutions;
– Get information about how your skills in English and math compare to other students who plan to go to a 4-year college.
– Plan courses to take before you graduate from North Star High School;
– Enter the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
- New Student Registrations
For new students coming to North Star, students and families will need to contact Jodi Vanek, school registrar, at 402-436-1305 option 1 to set up a new student registration appointment.
- The North Star Counseling Center is here to serve all students. We look forward to assisting students as they transition to high school, progress through the curriculum and move toward their post secondary plans. The Lincoln North Star Counseling Center is open from 7:30 am to 3:45 pm Monday through Friday. Counselors are on duty from 7:45 am to 3:15 pm but may be out of the immediate office due to scheduled meetings and or school appointments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Counseling Center – 402-436-1305 opt. 3