Welcome New and Returning Students! We are glad that you are here 🙂
- Senior Information & Financial Aid Meeting
Presented by EducationQuest
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Local College Admissions Information
Mini College Fair 5:30-6:30 pm
UNL, UNK, SCC, Doane and Nebraska Wesleyan planning to attend.
Informational Meeting starts at 6:30 pm
Junior students and parents are highly encouraged to attend to prepare for their senior year.
- Lincoln Area College Fair is September 24
Students and families can visit with representatives from nearly 110 colleges during the Lincoln Area College Fair, Sunday, September 24 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at Southeast Community College, 8800 O Street. Admission is free.
The College Fair, sponsored by EducationQuest Foundation and the Nebraska Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers, will also feature financial aid presentations.
Follow these tips to make the most of your College Fair visit:
Before you attend, visit NebraskaCollegeFairs.org to register for a barcode. Print the barcode and take it to the college fair so that college reps can scan it – and you won’t have to complete information cards.
Determine which colleges you want to visit (a list is available in the College Fair article at EducationQuest.org).
Prepare a list of questions to ask college representatives. Ask about deadlines for admission, scholarship and financial aid applications.
Attend a financial aid program to learn about types of aid and how to apply.
- PSAT Test
IF YOU ARE A SOPHOMORE OR JUNIOR, PLANNING TO ATTEND A 4-YEAR COLLEGE AFTER GRADUATION, THIS TEST IS FOR YOU!
The Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) will be on Saturday, October 14th. LPS is not in session for fall break October 16th and 17th. Registration will start September 25th in the North Star Counseling Center. This test is only administered once a year. It is designed specifically for sophomores and juniors planning to attend a 4-year college. For juniors, this is a National Merit Scholarship qualifying test. Reasons you might want to take the PSAT are to:
the spring of your junior year and fall of your senior year;
– Receive college materials directly from institutions;
– Get information about how your skills in English and math compare to other students who plan to go to a 4-year college;
– Plan courses to take before you graduate from North Star High School;
– Enter the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
- New Student Registrations
For new students coming to LPS, students and families will need to contact Jodi Vanek, school registrar, at 402-436-1305 option 1 to set up a new student registration appointment.
- The North Star Counseling Center is here to serve all students. We look forward to assisting students as they transition to high school, progress through the curriculum and move toward their post secondary plans. The Lincoln North Star Counseling Center is open from 7:30 am to 3:45 pm Monday through Friday. Counselors are on duty from 7:45 am to 3:15 pm but may be out of the immediate office due to scheduled meetings and or school appointments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Counseling Center – 402-436-1305 opt. 3