Lefler Counseling Staff
The Lincoln Public Schools Counseling Program provides a comprehensive, developmental program that addresses academic, career and personal/social development. School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement. In partnership with other educators, parents and the community, school counselors work to ensure that all students are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society.
LPS School Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the LPS school counseling program is to provide a comprehensive, developmentally-appropriate program with curriculum for each student from kindergarten through graduation that is proactive, preventative, collaborative, and focuses on each student’s academic, social-emotional, and career development. All LPS school counseling programs are led by a professional school counselor and will:
- Align with the Nebraska Department of Education and ASCA National Model;
- Promote systemic change to ensure equitable access for each student;
- Identify each student’s individual strengths to maximize their potential for growth.
LPS School Counseling Vision Statement
The vision of the LPS school counseling program is to advocate for and empower students to:
- Embrace their personal worth and value the uniqueness of others;
- Engage constructively with their families and communities;
- Utilize their strengths to thrive in a diverse world;
- Become resilient, lifelong learners.
Candace Davis is the Lefler Registrar. In addition to registering students she is also the Synergy Gradebook Manager, Special Services Secretary, and aids the administrators, counselors, social worker, therapist, and teachers as needed.
School Social Worker
Patrice McShane is a licensed School Social Worker for Lincoln Public Schools who works to strengthen bonds between the student, home, community, and school.
Behavioral Health Therapist
Stacy Stenka is a licensed community Mental Health Therapist who provides individual and family counseling for our students on a referral basis.