This educational complex included both Jackson High and Huntington School. These buildings were built in 1912 and 1926, and were annexed as part of the University Place Public Schools in 1927. In 1941 Jackson High was folded into the newly built Northeast High School, but the elementary unit – Huntington – continued in the same location. The original building was razed in 1998 and a new building was opened in 1999.
The school was named for Dr. D.W.C. Huntington, the third chancellor of Nebraska Wesleyan University. Dr. Huntington had been the pastor of Trinity Methodist Church in Lincoln when he accepted the academic position in 1898. He guided NWU through the first decade of the century.