Scholarship opps are starting to filter into counselor inboxes! See below for more info, and contact your counselor for any related questions!
Introductory letter here; multiple opportunities available by completing one application, linked above! App deadline: 1/31/2021 @ 7p CST
Highlights from the organization:
- Please note that the Lodge offers two renewable $1,000 scholarships to aspiring elementary and secondary teachers – we would like to receive more applications for these scholarships, so if you know of seniors headed in this direction, please suggest they apply.
- I also want to bring to your attention this year that the deadline for the Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship competition is November 15, 2020. This application is completed and submitted online. These scholarships are quite valuable, and the competition is very keen. In addition to a generous scholarship, winners also have the opportunity to travel for service projects throughout the U.S. An additional note – should any of your students advance past the first round, their counselor will be contacted to provide additional information. If you are contacted, please make your response a priority – deadlines are strict! These scholarship values range between $4,000 and $50,000 over the course of a 4-year degree. A Waverly High School student won a $20,000 scholarship in last year’s contest, proving it is possible for an outstanding Nebraska student to win one of these national prizes!
Horatio Alger Scholarship:
- Household earnings of $55,000 or less.
- GPA of 2.0
- See education as a way to a better future. Commitment to pursuing a degree at an accredited institution.
- Involvement in co-curricular and community activities
- A United States citizen
- Willing to complete an online application before October 25.
…and info from the organization:
This year more than 106 students nationally will receive Horatio Alger National Scholarships valued at $25,000 each. Recipients have exhibited integrity, academic promise, and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. National Scholarship recipients attend, as guests of the Association, the National Scholars Conference held annually in Washington, D.C. The Association has additional state and targeted scholarship programs in all states for high school seniors who will be attending college. One application for all of these scholarships.
Juniors and their families who were unable to attend the Junior Family Meeting Tuesday, August 27th, may view the presentations below. If you have questions, please contact the presenter for each session.
The deadline for the Come to Iowa Senior Scholarship offered by Iowa Student Loan® is approaching (5/31). Five $1,000 scholarships for college attendance in Iowa will be awarded.
To be eligible, students must be current high school seniors from Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota or Wisconsin who attend an Iowa college in fall 2018.
The scholarship has no requirements for minimum GPA or class rank, financial need, intended major or purchase.
To qualify, students must:
Register at www.IowaStudentLoan.org/Come2Iowa between Feb. 5 and May 31, 2018.
Meet the eligibility requirements and other conditions listed in the scholarship rules.
Registered students will also receive important college planning and financing tips via email during the registration period.
Follow Iowa Student Loan on Facebook and visit our blog for more college planning information.
Diversity Matters is an education-focused summer camp occurring on UN-L’s campus from June 10-15 of this year.
The camp’s purpose is to support high school sophomores and juniors of color, as well as those from other marginalized communities, who are interested in possible careers in education by giving them hands-on experience working with young students, connecting them with like-minded peers, and through providing them with knowledge and insight about the current educational landscape such that they can be more prepared to lead in the future.
Please note that we have scholarships available for any student for whom the cost of the camp would be prohibitive.
More information about the camp can be found at this link: https://4h.unl.edu/big-red-camp-sessions…as well as in the attachment here: Discover Ed Camp Handouts 2
…have we got a scholarship opp for you! $300 and one is available. See below for the app and more details! 🙂
6th Annual Alpha Xi Delta-Scholarship
Here, for your information gathering pleasure, is an eclectic assortment of news relevant to students from the LSW Counseling Center:
- For Peter Kiewit Institute enrollees, they have extended the deadline for the scholarship opportunity listed below. Note that students must be accepted into their Architectural Engineering Program to be considered, but other criteria are not necessarily required (due to lack of eligible applicants otherwise). New deadline is MAY 18, 2018.
2018 Scholarship Application Revision
- The John Winkler Memorial Scholarship (due JUNE 1, 2018) is a second scholarship for students in NE and IA interested in forensics (science).
IA NE IASIUEssay Contest IA IASIU Scholarship
- For Women of Color, Smith College– and all girls school in MA– hosts a competitive visit program that includes all expenses paid, including airfare(!). This won’t take place until October 2018, but interested students must apply by JUNE 15. Info below!
Smith Women of Distinction
- World of Green is hiring for its lawn crew. See here for more info: download
(ACT) Test Prep:
If you haven’t checked into the ACT Academy, it is a new ACT resource that is free where students can take short quizzes, then get ideas of what to study. Students can also put in their PreACT or ACT scores and receive feedback based an where they are.
From the scholarship provider:
My name is Ethan Ferguson and I am the current recruitment chair for Pi Kappa Alpha at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. We are offering two $250 scholarships to incoming, male freshmen who will be attending UNK for the 2018-2019 school year. To apply for the scholarship go to this link:
The scholarship does not require members to join the fraternity or join greek life. I would appreciate if you could help get this information to any current senior males at your school planning on coming to UNK. If you have any questions you can contact me at my email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ZipRecruiter is offering a $3000 scholarship and our deadline (June 30th) will be here before we know it!
This is our scholarship link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/scholarship
We will reward the most creative one-page submission about a student’s past or current job and how that has affected their career aspirations.
Great amount and nice, late deadline, so check it out!
Students interested in the Health Sciences are encouraged to check out these two one-week medical summer camps for high school students in Omaha. Both Camp Cardiac and Camp Neuro offer full and partial scholarships; more information is below!
Messian Lutheran Summer Camp is looking for Child Care Assistants; see below if interested!
Job Posting Summer PDF