Students who would like to visit the Texas Tech University campus for Texas Tech Preview on October 14, 2019 need to register here. One feature of Texas Tech University is that it has the only tutoring program of its kind in Texas, the TECHniques Center provides supplemental academic support services to meet the needs of students with learning disabilities. Learn more here.
Students who are applying to Boston University will want to review the items listed below:
- BU will now meet 100% of calculated financial need for admitted, first-year students who are US citizens or permanent residents.
- The regular decision deadline for admission and financial assistance has changed to January 6, 2020
- The Trustee and Presidential Scholarships deadline is December 1
- The Presidential Scholarship amount has increased to $25,000
- Last year, BU enrolled 45% of its incoming first-year students under the Early Decision and Early Decision 2 programs
- Standardized tests are optional for most applicants to the College of Fine Arts
The Golden Door scholarship has been expanded to include undocumented students without DACA! Scholarship recipients will be awarded large college scholarships to help cover tuition, room, and board for up to 4 years for a bachelor’s degree. To ensure enough time for students to apply, the new application deadline will be Monday, September 30th at 11:59 pm EST. To apply, please click here. For more information, please contact Carolina Carr, Golden Door Scholars Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested students may now apply to The University of Alabama for 2020. The application for admission is open and available for students at apply.ua.edu. An official high school transcript for your students applying to UA through any of the below options:
- Email: email@example.com (Transcripts sent via email must come directly from the high school counselor. Students may not submit transcripts via email.)
- E-Services: Parchment/Naviance, E-Scripts, Scribbles, OverGrad, SCOIR, and National Student Clearinghouse
- Mail: Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Students will need to submit the application for admission, application fee or NACAC fee waiver, a copy of their official ACT or SAT scores, and their official high school transcript. After the student has applied, they will receive an email listing any remaining documents needed to complete their application. They will continue to receive this communication throughout their application process to keep them updated as their application is reviewed and an admission decision is made. Once their application is complete and the University of Alabama has received all required documents, it will be reviewed and an admission decision will be made.
Wichita State University invites students to participate in the Distinguished Scholarship Invitational (DSI) in the fall of 2019. A variety of scholarships are awarded to DSI participants, including three $64,000 Harry Gore Memorial Scholarships – amongst the largest scholarships in Kansas! While DSI is open to students of any major, click here to find information on additional scholarship opportunities.
Due to high demand, an additional date for Polytechnic Wildcat for a Day has been added for October 10-11! Experience a day in the life of a Wildcat on K-State’s Polytechnic Campus! Students are invited to be part of the Polytechnic Wildcat for a Day Overnight Experience Program!
This event provides students with the opportunity to attend classes in their area of interest, check out student activities in the Student Life Center, meet and make friends with current students, enjoy the school’s dining services and spend the night in a residence hall.
K-State Polytechnic highlights includes the following:
- 14:1 student-to-professor ratio
- 66% hands-on lab space
- 98% job placement rate after graduation
- $58K average starting salary
Interested students invited to participate in a live web event exclusively for prospective students and their families. Notre Dame’s webcast featuring the College of Science will include faculty and students providing an overview of the college and its offerings, followed by Q&A.
Click here to submit your question(s) before the broadcast.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. ET
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, offers a new applicant portal this year, which will allows students to:
- Monitor status and view decisions
- Confirm receipt of items
- Upload supplements, including essays and resumes
Login credentials will be sent several days after an application is submitted.
Additional info is as follows:
- Applications Accepted
- Common Application
- Coalition Application
- SUNY Application
- Fall 2019 Priority Deadlines
- Applications: January 15
- Credentials: January 15
- Decisions Released by April 1
Students interested in learning more about Lake Superior State University, located in in Sault Ste. MI, are invited to check out the following links:
LSSU is noted for the following:
- One-Rate tuition (affordable in-state tuition for everyone)
- Over 90% of students receive financial aid or scholarship
- Average class size of 16 students (taught by faculty, not teaching assistants)
- Faculty who are experts in their field
- 100% career placement rates for chemistry graduates
The Kansas State University Polytechnic Chapter of Women in Aviation International (WAI) will be hosting its fourth annual Girls in Aviation Day – a FREE program for girls ages 8 to 18, designed to introduce them to the possibilities available with a career in aviation – on Saturday, October 5, 2019 at the Stevens Flight Center (#4 on the campus map). To register, click here.
The day’s activities will take place from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. Light breakfast and lunch will be served. All guests will receive a drawstring sports pack, WIA Aviation Fun Patch, Whirlygig, a copy of Girls in Aviation magazine and a limited-edition t-shirt. The first 100 girls to register will receive an additional surprise. Students who attended this event last year, are encouraged to wear your Girls in Aviation Day t-shirt!
Attendees will have the opportunity to talk to women in various fields of aviation. Exciting hands-on activities, such as flight simulators, drones, and much more. Please note: All children must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of their stay at the Stevens Flight Center. For any additional questions, please contact the Assistant Director of Admissions, Kris Grinter at 785-826-2676.