Pound Middle School Essay Scholarships
“How has an event or person at Pound Middle School prepared you for high school, and advanced
by making a difference in your life?”
Award: Two $250 scholarships will be granted for the winning essays. The scholarships will be paid
directly to the post-secondary institution requested by winning recipient.
1. Eligible applicants include college-bound seniors who attended Pound Middle School for three
years, and are graduating from a Lincoln Public Schools high school.
2. The minimum 300-word essay should be typed, double-spaced, in a 12-point font (Times, Courier,
Calibri, etc.), saved as a PDF file, for submission via email, or postmarked, no later than Friday,
April 14, 2017.
3. Spelling and grammar are important.
4. Essay should include personal experience and application responding to the question
– “How has an event or person at Pound Middle School prepared you for high school, and advanced
education, by making a difference in your life?”
Judging: Criteria for judgment will include personal experience and application, as well as quality
of writing. A panel including current Pound students, staff, and PTO parents will anonymously
review submissions and select recipients.
Submissions: Hard copy submissions may be mailed to Pound Scholarship Application c/o Pound Middle
School, 4740 South 45th Street, Lincoln, NE 68516 or emailed to Carmen Skare, PTO Vice President,
at cskarePoundPTO@gmail.com. Please include “Pound Scholarship” in the subject line. Again,
submissions are due via e-mail, or postmarked by Friday, April 14, 2017.