The Junior Family Meeting was held on Tuesday, August 30th. Please click here to view the power point. For more information, please visit http://wp.lps.org/jlehn2/parents/family-meeting-info/ by clicking here.
Applications for current sophomores interested in attending The Career Academy (TCA) will open September 20th. Information sessions listed below will be held at TCA (88th & O Street) at the dates/times listed below. Students and their families will have the opportunity to learn about career pathways, tour the facility, and experience what TCA is all about.
- Tuesday, September 27 & Thursday, October 6th
- 7-8 pm
- Ag/Bioscience, Culinary, Food Science, & Health Science Pathways
- Thursday, September 29th & Tuesday, October 11th
- 7-8 pm
- Business, K-12 Education, Early Childhood Education Pathways
- Tuesday, October 25th & Thursday, October 27th
- 7-8 pm
- All Pathways
For more information, please click here.
Good morning! Balancing schoolwork, athletics and one’s personal life is a difficult challenge in high school. Some students do this so well we feel they should be recognized. KLKN TV Channel 8 and Runza® Restaurants created a partnership to honor senior student-athletes for their achievements in the classroom and in the community & provide them with a $500 scholarship for college.
The “Runza® KLKN Student Athlete of the Month” will be interviewed by Sports Director Brett Edwards in a special monthly segment on the 6 and 10 o’clock news broadcasts.
Applications for FALL sports are due September 23rd and can be emailed, faxed or mailed. Please click here to download an application. For more information, please call Becky Perrett at 402-423-2394 Ext 122.
Kaplan is providing a unique, exciting and free program to help students feel prepared and confident on this milestone, PSAT Prep Live. Beginning October 1st, Kaplan’s highly-rated faculty will cover the most important PSAT content and tackle practice problems in 8 livestreaming, one-hour lessons. In addition, students will have access to online study content and detailed explanations to the official PSAT practice test.
For more details and to register, please visit www.kaptest.com/psatpreplive.
The American Heart Association is accepting applications for their Sweethearts program through September 2nd, 2016. Requirements are listed below:
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior in high school during 2016-17
- Submit application to American Heart Association by September 2nd, 2016 by 5 pm
- Minimum GPA of 3/0
- Provide letter of reference from non-family member
- Strive to maintain a “heart healthy” lifestyle by attending all Sweetheart activities and events
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and responsibility toward keeping commitments
- Contribution of $,1500
For more information, please click here or contact Kerry Massey (Corporate events Director) at 402-875-7375 or Kerry.Massey@heart.org.