It is very important for LPS Seniors (graduates) with data on Google Drive that they wish to take with them. Please encourage EVERY Senior to retrieve this data prior to leaving LPS. Even if they are unsure if they will ever want it, it is very important to grab it NOW. As soon as they leave LPS (even the day after they leave) their files are no longer available to them.
To retrieve their data, ALL SENIORS need to follow the instructions listed below, which are also available by clicking here or visiting http://home.lps.org/training/2016/05/03/export-your-google-drive-data/ prior to graduation. (PRIOR to graduation).
Simple Steps for Exporting Your Google Drive Data
(as shown in the video below)
- Open your LPS Google Drive (class.lps.org)
- Click the app launcher in the top right of the screen and select “My Account“
- On your account overview page, select “Control Your Content“
- On the Control your content page select “CREATE ARCHIVE“
- By default the tool wants to download your Google data from all of the tools in your account. If you only want to download Google Drive files, click “Select None” then specifically select “Drive” form the options presented. Click “Next.”
- Leave File Type as “.zip” and set Delivery Method as “Send download link via email.” Click “Create Archive.”
- Wait patiently for Google to send you an email.
- When the email arrives, click “Manage Archives” to be taken to a screen where you can download the archive file(s) created.
- Click “Show Downloads” and download the desired archive files.
Video Tutorial is available at http://home.lps.org/training/2016/05/03/export-your-google-drive-data/
- When you download from Google Docs, the original documents in Google Drive are unaffected. You are downloading a COPY of that file(s) to your computer. The originals remain in place.