Northeast Community College is excited to announce the start of a new student support program! The TRIO Student Support Services is an academic assistance program funded through TRIO Grants by the U.S. Department of Education. The students will be offered academic development opportunities, assistance with meeting basic college requirements and support in helping them successfully complete their postsecondary education.
To qualify, a student must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, enrolled in classes on the Norfolk campus and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First-generation: An individual whose parents have not completed a four-year degree
- Low-Income: According to TRIO/SSS guidelines
- Student with a Disability: An individual with a documented learning, physical or emotional disability
Here are some of the FREE services provided to TRIO participants:
- Individual attention, success coaching, and personal support
- Academic advising and academic support
- Assistance completing FAFSA, scholarships and transfer applications
- Academic transfer assistance and visits to four-year colleges
- Educational Field Trips
- Student Success Workshops
- Access to a free laptop through the TRIO Laptop Loan Program
- And much more!
The main goal is to help eligible students be successful. If you are planning to attend Northeast Community College, to access more information and/or for an application you may visit the website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Katie Borchers at 402-844-7736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.