The Capital City Kiwanis Club reminds students that the due date for their scholarship is March 15th and have only received two applications as of the end of February. They would like to have two applications from each of the 16 eligible schools. Below are some suggestions provided by the Capital City Kiwanis Club for potential scholarship applicants:
- They are looking more for students who are good citizens with a college degree goal than for regent’s scholars who already receive full tuition.
- Areas of interest for their scholarships are Elem. Ed., Arts or Law, Nursing (LNE Preferred – others please apply, including nontraditional students) and UN-L Golf Mgt. at UN-L (New this year). Students with other collegiate majors will be awarded also.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students accepted at accredited Nebraska colleges or universities but not to members of the Kiwanis family.
- Any SCC associate degree program qualifies.
- Students from all Lancaster High Schools may apply – Lancaster Co. residency is not required except for a nontraditional applicant for the Farmer Nursing Scholarship.
- The Scholarship Awards dinner will be in May or early June.
- They are impressed, when seniors who are servers and store clerks state that they know who their counselor is and about Education Quest.