Summer College at Duke University offers a unique and excellent choice for your “college test-drive” experience. For complete details about this summer program and to apply, visit http://summersession.duke.edu/high-school-students/summer-college-for-high-school-students/daytime-courses.
- TOP RANKING UNIVERSITY: Duke consistently ranks in the TOP TEN from US News and World Report! Learn more about Duke University here: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/duke-university-2920
- BECOME A GLOBAL CITIZEN: Duke University Summer Session is committed to the development of Global Citizens. We believe that high school students should have the opportunity to live and learn with students from around the world to gain an appreciation for perspectives from students living in countries other than their home country. At Duke, we have successfully created a truly international community for you with at least half of our students coming from international countries!
- RIGOROUS AND ACADEMICALLY CHALLENGING CLASSES: We introduce you to topics which are not typically offered in most high schools! Take a look at a great variety of classes offered this summer.
- COMPARABLE PROGRAM FEE: We work hard at Duke to keep our costs in line with other pre-college programs offered at top universities and we have no hidden fees.
- SAFETY, SMALL TOWN HOSPITALITY & SOUTHERN CHARM: Duke is located in Durham, “The City of Medicine” which has a rich cultural history – In Durham you will experience the safety and graciousness of a smaller southern town where you will be treated with care respect and compassion. Southern hospitality is alive and well in Durham NC!
- TRANSFORMATIONAL EXPERIENCE: Visit the student blog to learn what students love about their summer at Duke!
- COLLEGE PREPARATION: Students who attend Summer College for High School Students at Duke University report feeling more prepared for college after this “college test-drive” experience.
- A TRUE CREDIT BEARING PROGRAM: The summer classes at Duke have the required number of contact hours with Duke Professors for you to earn transferable credit. You will earn a Duke transcript which will highlight your ability to succeed in college!
Application deadline is April 15 – APPLY EARLY as the program fills quickly.