The 3rd annual Healthcare Career Camp will be held at Nebraska Methodist College (NMC). This year, we are excited to offer two camp options! We will continue to offer our experience camp, which includes overnight stay in our on-campus apartments, as well as a day-only camp. The camp offers students the chance for hands-on experiences in all of our degree programs, as well as time in our Human A&P (Cadaver Lab), Pathology Lab (at Main Campus hospital) and our Microbiology Lab.
For more info, visit http://www.methodistcollege.edu/professional-development/healthcare-career-camp.
Day Camp Dates: June 27-30, 2016
This day camp gives you the opportunity to learn about the healthcare world and experience a variety of exciting activities throughout the day while enabling you to head home at the end of each day.
Overnight Camp Dates: July 11-14, 2016
Our overnight camp provides you the same introduction to healthcare as the day camp but allows you to immerse yourself in a true college experience by letting you stay overnight in our apartment-style, on-campus housing. Activities will be planned for each evening you stay on campus.
Both camps will take place at Nebraska Methodist College, 720 N 87th St, Omaha NE 68114.
Questions regarding the camp can be directed to Jillian Sisson at 402-354-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oxbow Animal Health is a growing manufacturer and global distributor of premium nutritional foods
and supplements for small animals. We are currently seeking individuals to assist in our summer
educational Youth Veterinarian Camps as a Camp Assistant. Assistants will be responsible for
supporting camp counselors and the Camp Director in all aspects of the week-long camps and will
have direct interaction with groups of children ages 8-14. Camp season runs from June to early
August and there are assistant positions available in several camp locations in the Omaha and Lincoln
area. Depending on availability and qualifications, individuals may have the opportunity to support
one or more camp locations.
For camp dates and information, visit www.oxbowvetcamp.com or call 1-800-249-0366
To apply for this volunteer position, please send your qualifications, availability & statement of interest to email@example.com.
Seniors are reminded that when applying for the Foundation of LPS Scholarships, acceptable forms of financial information (listed in order of preference) include the following:
1. FAFSA Student Aid Report (can be based on estimated tax returns or filed tax returns)
2. Free and Reduced Lunch Data (would need documentation)
3. EducationQuest Estimator
can help parent fill-out the FAFSA regardless if filed taxes or not. To make an appointment with Anders Peterson from EducationQuest
for completing the FAFSA
, please contact Mrs. Way in the Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-436-1306 Option #3.
For students starting to think about next steps beyond high school, maybe looking at The Career Academy is an option. By test driving a career/college pathway at TCA while still in high school, He/she can start earning credits, save money, and could find a great fit!Invitation to a Shadow Day at TCA
Student are invited to attend a regular session at TCA to shadow a pathway of interest. This will allow for interaction with students and instructors within the selected pathway while also attending a session on how TCA works for students.
Explore — Discover — Earn Credits & Save Money
During the shadow day, students will spend some time in the pathway classroom, tour the facility, and then interact with a student panel about the advantages of attending TCA. Students enrolled at TCA have multiple hands-on experiences with business/industry mentors and advisors, attend community events, and participate in competitions. Free transportation via bus from the home LPS high schools, free books, and free or discounted tuition is available to all students. Plus, students continue to earn LPS credits toward graduation requirements and will complete high school with a college transcript showing anywhere from 10 to 20+ SCC quarter credits with just one year at TCA! Students with a Diploma+ definitely standout on scholarship and college applications!
The Power of YOU!
The TCA Shadow Day will be held on February 26th during either our AM or PM session. To register for the Shadow Day, he must fill out the form found at: http://tinyURL.com/TCAShadow
Already interested in attending TCA? Submit your Interest Application now!
(Goe to http://tinyURL.com/TCAApp1516)
The YMCA has several summer job opportunities for high school students. Over 40 JOB OPENINGS are available at ALL Lincoln Locations!•
- Summer Child Care
- Child Watch
- Lifeguards & Swim Lesson Instructors
- Custodial Staff
- Youth Sports Officials
- NOW HIRING
The Lincoln YMCAs Offer: Free Memberships for qualified staff: Flexible work schedules, FREE Y gear, Fun & supportive work environment. For more information or to apply, visit YmcaLincolnJobs.org.
UH Open House
Saturday, April 2, 2016
The University of Houston invites students to experience the excitement of UH firsthand at Cougar Preview — our largest open house held twice each year — Saturday, April 2, 2016! At Cougar Preview, students will have the chance to:
- Tour our beautiful 667-acre campus, including a sneak peek inside our residence halls.
Learn about admission requirements, academic programs and more than 500 student organizations.
Speak to faculty and staff about your future at UH.
Bring friends and family.
Registration is Now Open!
Visit UH Majors and Minors and discover the opportunities available to students at UH, based on their interests. For students uncertain about a major, they should plan to attend the Academic Session for Undeclared/Undecided students.
For more info, please visit http://www.uh.edu/admissions/connect/schedule-visit/cougar-preview/ or email at email@example.com. Students also can connect on Twitter @UHCampusVisits!
Summer College at Duke University offers a unique and excellent choice for your “college test-drive” experience. For complete details about this summer program and to apply, visit http://summersession.duke.edu/high-school-students/summer-college-for-high-school-students/daytime-courses.
- TOP RANKING UNIVERSITY: Duke consistently ranks in the TOP TEN from US News and World Report! Learn more about Duke University here: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/duke-university-2920
- BECOME A GLOBAL CITIZEN: Duke University Summer Session is committed to the development of Global Citizens. We believe that high school students should have the opportunity to live and learn with students from around the world to gain an appreciation for perspectives from students living in countries other than their home country. At Duke, we have successfully created a truly international community for you with at least half of our students coming from international countries!
- RIGOROUS AND ACADEMICALLY CHALLENGING CLASSES: We introduce you to topics which are not typically offered in most high schools! Take a look at a great variety of classes offered this summer.
- COMPARABLE PROGRAM FEE: We work hard at Duke to keep our costs in line with other pre-college programs offered at top universities and we have no hidden fees.
- SAFETY, SMALL TOWN HOSPITALITY & SOUTHERN CHARM: Duke is located in Durham, “The City of Medicine” which has a rich cultural history – In Durham you will experience the safety and graciousness of a smaller southern town where you will be treated with care respect and compassion. Southern hospitality is alive and well in Durham NC!
- TRANSFORMATIONAL EXPERIENCE: Visit the student blog to learn what students love about their summer at Duke!
- COLLEGE PREPARATION: Students who attend Summer College for High School Students at Duke University report feeling more prepared for college after this “college test-drive” experience.
- A TRUE CREDIT BEARING PROGRAM: The summer classes at Duke have the required number of contact hours with Duke Professors for you to earn transferable credit. You will earn a Duke transcript which will highlight your ability to succeed in college!
Application deadline is April 15 – APPLY EARLY as the program fills quickly.
The Omaha Area College Fair is Sunday, March 20 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at the University of Nebraska at Omaha in the Sapp Fieldhouse. The Lincoln Area College Fair is Sunday, April 10 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at Southeast Community College in Lincoln.
These free events help students – especially juniors and even sophomores – begin their college selection process. students to register for a barcode at NebraskaCollegeFairs.org. (If students registered for a barcode for a fall fair, they may reuse it.)
Click here for additional College Fair details.
Questions about the Omaha Area College Fair? Contact Joan Jurek at 888-357-6300.
Questions about the Lincoln Area College Fair? Contact Amanda VonSeggern at 800-303-3745, ext. 6650.
The Sewanee Bridge Pre-Health and Field Science Program, a three-week head start on becoming a healthcare professional or scientist for your students.
Students must apply by April 15.
Here are some details of the program:
- It provides rigorous preparation for students from diverse backgrounds.
- It takes place June 12–July 2, 2016, on the Domain of the University of the South in Sewanee, Tenn.
- The cost of $1,575 covers three weeks of tuition, room and board, and field trips. Limited financial aid is available for those who qualify.
- Students pursue either the pre-health track or the field science track.
The pre-health track is designed for aspiring healthcare professionals. Coursework includes neuroscience, molecular science, calculus, and statistics.
The field science track is designed for students who plan to pursue a Ph.D. in a scientific discipline or who would like to more fully develop a specific interest in field science. Coursework includes ecology, biodiversity, population and environment demographics, calculus, and statistics.
Whether your students choose the pre-health track or the field science track, they will make strides toward college preparation, discover the benefits of deep mentorship, and make lifelong friends.
For more info, visit http://www.sewanee.edu/bridge/. If you have questions about the program or financial aid, please contact Coordinator of Pre-Collegiate Programs Laura Buckner.
February 22-26, March 21-25 or April 18-22
Students can register online or call 877.CALL.COE to schedule their visit.
Questions can be directed to admission counselor, Jay Caughren, at 505.730.8558 or firstname.lastname@example.org