The Junior Saltdogs League baseball program is proud to announce that it will be awarding two $500 college scholarships to graduating seniors who currently attend Lancaster County area high schools. For more information and to download the application, visit www.jrsaltdogs.com or ScholarshipQuest.
Thumbtack is an online marketplace that connects people with experienced local professionals to help them accomplish more than 5 million projects each year. Thumbtack is offering a $5,000 scholarship to individuals enrolling in or continuing to pursue education opportunities that enable them to:
- Develop skills relevant to running a small service business
- Master a trade that is currently offered on Thumbtack
- Or improve and expand their knowledge of entrepreneurship
Whether you’re enrolling in school for the first time, continuing your ongoing education, or stepping back into the classroom for the first time in years, Thumbtack wants to hear your stories.
The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates this commitment by chasing their passion to learn a new trade that they can turn into a business, learning fundamental business skills such as marketing and accounting, or deepening their knowledge and capabilities to improve public policy and foster an environment that better serves small business owners and independent professionals.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal resident of one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- You must currently be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate, graduate or vocational program, or be planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate, graduate or vocational program during the entirety of the 2016-2017 academic program at an accredited career college, technical school or two- or four-year college or university in the United States.
- You must be pursuing a degree that enables your or others in your communities to learn a new trade, develop skills or start a small business.
- Employees and affiliates of Thumbtack and members of their immediate families, and persons residing at the same address, are not eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
How to apply
To apply, please submit an application that includes answers to the following questions:
- Small business owners and independent professionals have a personal impact on their customers and communities every day. Share a story with us about how a small business owner or independent professional had an impact on you or someone you know.
- How do you envision using your education to start a small business or enable more individuals to start their own businesses and become independent professionals?
Please submit your application through the Thumbtack Scholarship Entry Form.
Deadline to apply
Sunday, January 31, 2016