The Four Directions is geared toward Native American youth; however, Non-Native youth are welcome to attend. The Indian Center, Inc. serves youth ages 10-17 with the priority focused on increasing school engagement. This program will work to identify intervention and prevention strategies to address the problems surrounding at-risk youth and providing assistance to appropriate areas of need. For more information, please contact Rose Springer, Juvenile Justice Youth Coordiantor at 402-438-5231 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, click here to view the Four Directions Youth Program brochure.
October 2nd is the last chance for students to take the October 24th ACT® test!The late fee does apply. ACT offers no-cost and low-cost test prep options at www.actstudent.org/testprep.
Did you know . . .
- A student’s ACT score can be used for applying to ANY US college or university, including Ivy League institutions and other highly selective schools.
- Not all colleges and universities require a writing test for admission—the ACT writing test is optional, saving students time and money.
- The ACT test score is based on the number of correct answers, with no points deducted for guessing.
The Apply2College Event on Thursday, October 29th will be held at LSW. Representatives from EducationQuest and area colleges/universities will be available throughout the day in the Media Center Computer Lab to assist seniors with the online application process to any college(s) they are interested in applying to. Seniors interested in participating in this event may sign up in the Counseling Center.
Apply2College is a statewide campaign in which high schools conduct college application events during the school day to help seniors apply to at least one college. All states are now conducting campaigns as part of the American College Application Campaign sponsored by the American Council on Education. Seniors should bring a completed copy of the College Application Checklist which is available by clicking here.
On Wednesday, October 7th representatives from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will present the UNL Family Information | Application Night for the families of juniors and seniors who are interested in attending UNL.
- 6:30 PM * UNL Presentation for Junior & Senior Families
- 7:30 PM * UNL Application Completion for Senior Families * C113 Lab
- Contact Person: Mr. Ernst