Ballet Nebraska and Opera Omaha announce auditions for North Wind Chorus to perform in Ballet Nebraska’s The Nutcracker this holiday season. North Wind Chorus is both a singing and stage performance role during the Land of Snow scene.
Audition: Wednesday, October 22nd * 5 pm – 7pm
For more info, go to: http://balletnebraska.org/2014/opera-omaha-north-wind-chorus-auditions/. Limited openings are available. To register, please visit http://ct.emedia1.com/rd/cts?d=7-155622-49798-68728-5737-6017238-0-0-0-1-111-859
Freshmen, Sophomores, and their families are invited to attend the Freshmen/Sophomores Family Meeting on Tuesday, October 21st. It will begin in the LSW Auditorium at 6:30 pm.
Students and families are reminded that the Lincoln Area College Fair will be held on Sunday, October 19th at SCC’s Lincoln Campus (8800 “O” Street) from 1 to 3 pm.
Follow these tips to make the most of the College Fair.
1. Visit NebraskaCollegeFairs.org to register for a barcode. Take the barcode to the fair so college reps can scan it so you won’t need to complete student information cards.
2. Arrive early so you can visit all the colleges that interest you.
3. Stop by the EducationQuest booth to get free college planning materials and for a bag to collect college view books.
4. Come prepared with questions for the college reps:
- What are admission requirements and deadlines?
- Does the school offer academic programs that meet my interests?
- What is the cost of tuition and fees — and room and board?
- How do I apply for college-based scholarships?
- How many students attend the school?
- What are the housing options?
5. Attend a financial aid program offered during the College Fair.