Seniors interested in attending North Carolina State University are encouraged to apply for the Park Scholarships. For more info, please visit park.ncsu.edu. Out-of-state students may be eligible for $166,000 in scholarships.
Deadline: October 1, 2014
For assistance with teen dating abuse, domestic violence, and sexual assault, please visit the Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition website at http://ndvsac.org/get-help/ to learn about resources such as those listed below. For an emergency, please dial 911.
- Nebraska Spanish Helpline: 1-877-215-0167- Línea de Crisis
- National Helpline Numbers
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: 1-866-331-9474
Personal Safety Plan, a checklist for living free from intimate partner violence.
Plan Personal de Seguridad, una lista de informacion para vivir libre de violencia domestica.
Reminders for the Susan Thompson Buffett Scholarship are as follows:
- Applications will be available on November 1, 2014.
- All application materials (except the SAR) will be due February 1, 2015
- The Student Aid Report is due March 15, 2015
- The essay will continue to have specific prompt questions.
- Letters of Recommendation will only be accepted when recommenders type the information directly into the web-based form; no other letters will be accepted. This will allow for consistent evaluation for all applicants. Based on your feedback from last year here are some implementations:
- At the top of the webpage with the recommender information, the student’s name will be listed
- Recommenders will be able to save information and come back before submitting
- Recommenders will be able to save a PDF copy of the information they submit
For more information, contact Dr. Kellie Pickett, Director of Scholarships at the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation (402-763-5274 &/or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Balancing schoolwork, athletics and one’s personal life is a difficult challenge in high school. Some students do this so well we feel they should be recognized. KLKN TV Channel 8 and Runza® Restaurants created a partnership to honor senior student-athletes for their achievements in the classroom and in the community & provide them with a $500 scholarship for college.
The “Runza® KLKN Student Athlete of the Month” will be interviewed by Sports Director Brett Edwards in a special monthly segment on the 6 and 10 o’clock news broadcasts.
Nominations for FALL sports are due Friday, September 19th and can be emailed, faxed or mailed. To view the application, please click here.