Camp OK (Olympia Kiwanis)
June 1-7, 2013 Y-Camp near Boone, IA
The Nebraska-Iowa Kiwanis District started Camp OK in 1987 with a goal of providing an educational camp experience for exceptional youth from NE and IA. For many youth this is their first camp experience. Camp OK continues today with Kiwanis clubs from across NE and IA sponsoring exceptional and deserving youth. Camp in 2013 will be held at the Y-Camp in Boone, IA from June 1-7. Camp counselor training will be held Saturday, June 1st and Sunday, June 2nd with campers arriving the afternoon of June 2nd.
We’re Looking For Counselors…
- with a desire and ability to work with youth in the outdoors for extended periods of time
- with a willingness to discover, learn and grow
- ready to embody activities and habits that are associated with positive role models
- who listen, learn, and are considerate of others
- who want to have an ABSOLUTE BLAST for a week
- age 15 or older
- Complete and return camp counselor application by Saturday, April 14th (postmarked).
- Counselors will stay at camp the entire week of camp.
- Counselors are required to attend counselor training Sat., June 1st and Sun., June 2nd .
- Counselors will be in charge of a cabin each night.
- Counselors will attend daytime activities with their assigned campers including leading campers between activities, eating all meals with them, handling basic discipline, participating in and monitoring campers during free time, and assisting camp directors when asked.
- Accrue 130+ volunteer hours — Counselors are volunteers, donating their time, passion, and skills to give Camp OK campers an amazing, fun, and educational camp experience.
- Counselors will gain valuable experience in leadership, learning about teamwork and the challenges and rewards of working with a diversity of campers.
Return completed Camp OK Applications to F. John Hay by Saturday April 28
Applications can be completed online by going to http://www.ne-ia.kiwanisone.org/public_district/pub_Content.aspx?PageID=282
F. John Hay (Camp OK Director) cell: 402-992-0947 work: 402-472-0408
825 W 7th St e-mail: email@example.com
Palmyra, NE 68418