Lincoln Builders Bureau Member Company employees and their dependents may apply for a $750+ Lincoln Builders Bureau Scholarship. For more information , go to buildersbureau.com. and clock on scholarships and membership search to complete verification. Deadline is March 30th.
The Nebraska School Counselor Association Scholarship is available to a high school senior attending a public or private-secondary school in Nebraska, who will be attending a post-secondary institution during the 2013-14 school year. Entries must be postmarked no later than April 1, 2013.
The deadline for the Wayne State Cooperating Scholarship is March 29th.
The 2013 Lanford Family Highway Worker Memorial Scholarship Program is being offered to sons, daughters, or legally adopted children of highway workers who die or have become permanently disabled in roadway work zone accidents. The applicant’s parent must have been employed by a transportation construction firm or a transportation public agency at the time of his or her death or disabling injury. Scholarships have a value of up to $5,000. Applications must be postmarked by April 5, 2013 and sent to Holly DiGangi, Scholarship Manager, at ARTBA-TDF, 1219 28th St, N.W., Washington, DC 2007. If you have questions, please email Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Jong G. Yiee Scholarship is being offered to an eligible senior who has an interest in cancer. One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded annually to a student residing in the Lincoln-Lancaster County area who is planning to pursue an education at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution. The completed application must be submitted to the St. Elizabeth Foundation at 555 S 70th, Lincoln, NE 68510 and be postmarked by April 1, 2013.
The Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority Scholarship is now available and the application must be postmarked by Monday, April 1, 2013. Award criteria includes: 1) Female graduation senior; 2) Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale; and 3) Must plan to attend UNL in the Fall of 2013. The goal of Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority is to promote awareness of the myriad of Asian/Asian American Cultures. The completed application packet must be sent to: Greek Affairs, Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority, Inc., 332 Nebraska Union, Lincoln, NE 68588. For more information, please email Cat Nguyen at email@example.com.
The Wayne State Cooperating School Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior in the top half of the senior class who is active in school, possesses leadership qualities, and must attend Wayne State College beginning the Fall Semester of 2013. The scholarship covers up to one-half of on-campus tuition per term; up to a maximum of 128 credit hours over four years. It will be awarded to Lincoln Public Schools from applications received at all six public high schools.
Stanford Summer Session is the fourth academic quarter at Stanford University. One of our programs, High School Summer College, is an academically selective program that provides mature, advanced high school students access to undergraduate coursework at Stanford. Summer College is an eight-week college experience that provides academic, social, and intellectual opportunities not found in a high school classroom.
Students who are a high school sophomore, junior, or senior at the time of application should be 16 or 17 years old on the first day of instruction. We will also review applications from high school sophomores and juniors who are already 18 years old and will remain that age through August 18, 2013.
Why High School Summer College?
- Choose from more than 125 courses offered in more than 30 Stanford departments.
- Earn Stanford college credit for courses taken and receive a Stanford transcript.
- Attend speaking events with Stanford faculty, such as Nobel Laureate in Physics, Douglas Osheroff.
- Study with other students from throughout the U.S. and abroad.
- Experience college life and forge new friendships.
It’s simple for students to apply online at: summer.stanford.edu.
Camp OK (Olympia Kiwanis)
June 1-7, 2013 Y-Camp near Boone, IA
The Nebraska-Iowa Kiwanis District started Camp OK in 1987 with a goal of providing an educational camp experience for exceptional youth from NE and IA. For many youth this is their first camp experience. Camp OK continues today with Kiwanis clubs from across NE and IA sponsoring exceptional and deserving youth. Camp in 2013 will be held at the Y-Camp in Boone, IA from June 1-7. Camp counselor training will be held Saturday, June 1st and Sunday, June 2nd with campers arriving the afternoon of June 2nd.
We’re Looking For Counselors…
- with a desire and ability to work with youth in the outdoors for extended periods of time
- with a willingness to discover, learn and grow
- ready to embody activities and habits that are associated with positive role models
- who listen, learn, and are considerate of others
- who want to have an ABSOLUTE BLAST for a week
- age 15 or older
- Complete and return camp counselor application by Saturday, April 14th (postmarked).
- Counselors will stay at camp the entire week of camp.
- Counselors are required to attend counselor training Sat., June 1st and Sun., June 2nd .
- Counselors will be in charge of a cabin each night.
- Counselors will attend daytime activities with their assigned campers including leading campers between activities, eating all meals with them, handling basic discipline, participating in and monitoring campers during free time, and assisting camp directors when asked.
- Accrue 130+ volunteer hours — Counselors are volunteers, donating their time, passion, and skills to give Camp OK campers an amazing, fun, and educational camp experience.
- Counselors will gain valuable experience in leadership, learning about teamwork and the challenges and rewards of working with a diversity of campers.
Return completed Camp OK Applications to F. John Hay by Saturday April 28
Applications can be completed online by going to http://www.ne-ia.kiwanisone.org/public_district/pub_Content.aspx?PageID=282
F. John Hay (Camp OK Director) cell: 402-992-0947 work: 402-472-0408
825 W 7th St e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Palmyra, NE 68418