On July 17, Students/Parents will be able to view their 2022-23 course schedule on StudentVue/ParentVue, on the Class Schedule tab. If there is a concern or a need for a schedule change, you can request an appointment to meet with your counselor.
Use the following criteria to help you decide if you need to make a schedule change:
- You have taken and passed a course that is on your schedule.
- You are a senior and are missing a required class for graduation.
- You have the same course listed twice on your schedule.
- There is a gap in your schedule (you are missing a period) or a SEE COUNSELOR.
- You have not met a prerequisite for a class that is on your schedule. (ex: scheduled for Pottery 2, but have not taken Pottery 1)
- You want to make a level change (Diff/AP course to regular or vice versa).
- Seniors only: you want to drop courses for pass periods/work experience (parent permission).
Counselors will see students for schedule changes by APPOINTMENT ONLY on the following dates/times:
TUESDAY, AUGUST 2: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
THURSDAY, AUGUST 4: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
FRIDAY, AUGUST 5: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Starting JULY 18 at 12:00 PM, you may access the online appointment calendars. Please note that you must be in the Central Time Zone when making an appointment. Please do not call or email about schedule changes – counselors are off duty until August 1st and will not respond. You will need to follow these directions to make an appointment with your counselor.
1. Starting JULY 18 at 12:00 PM, click on the link below for YOUR alpha counselor (counselors are assigned by student last name – DOUBLE CHECK WHO YOUR COUNSELOR IS AS IT MAY HAVE CHANGED).
2. When prompted you will need to login using your student LPS email (student IDemail@example.com) and password. (Parents will need to know student’s ID # and password if they are making the appointment for the student – you will not get a confirmation or reminder if you use a different email).
3. When the calendar opens, you will see the following messages. Click on each one when prompted to get to the date you would like to make an appointment.
4. Hover and click on the time slot you want. You will then be prompted to book an appointment. Delete the counselor name, fill in with your: Last name, First name, Student ID#. (EX: Doe, Jane, 123456). Complete all four areas where information is needed.
5. Hit Save to reserve the appointment. If the appointment slot is taken before you hit save, your computer will lock up, your request will not save, and you will NOT receive a confirmation. You will need to refresh the calendar and try for another appointment time.
6. If your request went through, you will receive an appointment invitation email in your student’s LPS email. When you accept the appointment, the appointment will be added to your student’s Gmail calendar. You MUST be signed into your student’s LPS account to get the reminder. 7. There will be no other reminder about this appointment, so please put it on your personal calendar as well.
8. If you need to cancel your appointment, please CALL 402-436-1305, opt. 3 so we can reopen that time and you can use the system again to set a new appointment.
If you are experiencing trouble with the online request system, please call the counseling center 402-436-1305, option 3 for assistance. If the line is busy, please leave a message and allow 24 hours for a return call.