On July 24, Students/Parents will be able to view their 2019-20 course schedule on StudentVue/ParentVue, on the Class Schedule tab. Your schedule will have 7 periods listed. After viewing your schedule, if there is a concern or a need for a schedule change, please follow the procedure outlined below to make an appointment with your student’s alpha counselor.
Use the following criteria to help you decide if you need to make schedule change:
- You have taken and passed a course that is on your schedule.
- You are a senior and are missing a required class for graduation.
- You have the same course listed twice on your schedule.
- There is a gap in your schedule (you are missing a period) or a SEE COUNSELOR.
- You have not met a prerequisite for a class that is on your schedule. (ex: scheduled for Pottery 2, but have not taken Pottery 1)
- You want to make a level change (Diff/AP course to regular or vice versa).
- Seniors only: you want to drop courses for pass periods/work experience (parent permission).
Counselors will see students for schedule changes by APPOINTMENT ONLY on the following dates/times:
TUESDAY, JULY 30: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
WEDNESDAY, JULY 31: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
THURSDAY, AUGUST 1: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
FRIDAY, AUGUST 2: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
TUESDAY, AUGUST 6: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
If you need to make a schedule change, follow these steps:
- To make an appointment click on the link below for YOUR alpha counselor (counselors are assigned by student last name – PLEASE NOTE, YOUR COUNSELOR MAY HAVE CHANGED FROM LAST YEAR).
- When prompted you will need to login using your student LPS email (student IDfirstname.lastname@example.org) and password. (Parents will need to know student’s ID # and password if they are making the appointment for the student)
- When the calendar opens, you will see the following messages. Click on each one when prompted to get to the date you would like to make an appointment.
- Hover and click on the time slot you want. You will then be prompted to book an appointment. Delete the counselor name, fill in with your: Last name, First name, Student ID#. (EX: Doe, Jane, 123456)
- Hit Save to reserve the appointment. If the appointment slot is reserved before you hit save, your computer will freeze or lock up and your request will not save and you will NOT receive a confirmation. You will need to refresh the calendar and try for another appointment time.
PLEASE ONLY REQUEST ONE 15 MINUTE APPOINTMENT TIME. THIS TIME IS FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES ONLY, IF YOU WANT TO MEET WITH YOUR COUNSELOR REGARDING OTHER PLANNING, PLEASE CONTACT HIM/HER AFTER AUGUST 17.
- If your request went through, you will receive an appointment invitation email in your student’s LPS email: ######@class.lps.org (You do not have to accept the appointment in your email because once you receive the email, you know your appointment is reserved. If you accept the appointment, this will put the appointment on your gmail calendar).
- There will be no other reminder about this appointment, so please put it on your personal calendar.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please CALL 402-436-1305, opt. 3 so we can reopen that time and you can use the system again to set a new appointment.
If you are experiencing trouble with the online request system, please call the counseling center 402-436-1305, option 3 for assistance. If the line is busy, please leave a message and allow 24 hours for a return call.