SNRP Pen Pals
Would you like to connect with a Nebraska peer who is also Deaf or hard of hearing? SNRP would love to match you up with a friend to correspond with through our pen pal program! This is a great opportunity to meet and connect with new friends. In the future, you may also get the opportunity to meet your pen pal in person at one of our SNRP or statewide activities! Ready to get started? Click here to complete the Pen Pal interest form and SNRP will pair you up with another interested student!
2021-2022 Activities, Trainings, & Meeting Dates
Please click on the above link to view all SNRP activities for the 2021-2022 school year. Click on individual links below to view/print flyers and registration forms for the specific upcoming activities.
ALL SCHEDULED EVENTS ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO HEALTH DIRECTIVES PUT INTO PLACE TO PREVENT FURTHER SPREAD OF COVID-19.
Family Game Night – CANCELED
Date: September 24, 2021
Grades: K-12 and Family Members
Sign Language Class
Dates: Oct. 11, 25, Nov. 8, 22, Dec. 6, 20
For: Students, parents, family members, & educational staff who are working with children who are Deaf or hard of hearing
Registration Deadline: October 1st
Click here to register online for sign language class
ASL Language Mentoring Workshops
These 1-hour presentations in ASL will focus on various
Deafness-related topics. There will be time for Q&A.
No English voice interpretation will be offered so it is
an opportunity to practice receptive sign language skills.
Dates: Oct. 11, Nov. 8, Dec. 13, Feb. 14, Mar. 14, Apr. 11, May 9
For: Sign Language Interpreters and Deaf Educators in Nebraska
Click here to register online for the ASL Language Mentoring Workshops
Other Community Related Events:
- September 26: Hands and Voices Fall Bash, Chalco Hills Recreation Area, Omaha
- October 3: NCDHH Deaf and Hard of Hearing Awareness Day at Henry Doorly Zoo
- October 9: NCDHH Presents Keith Wann, Scottsbluff
- October 23-24: Mom’s Night Inn, Western Nebraska
- November 6: NeAD Storytime
- November 13: “Demand Control Schema: An Introduction to the Normative Ethics of Interpreting” Virtual Workshop
- February 12-13: Mom’s Night Inn, Lincoln