2019-2020 Activities, Trainings, & Meeting Dates
Please click on the above link to view all SNRP activities for the 2019-2020 school year. Click on individual links below to view/print flyers and registration forms for the specific upcoming activities.
Signing Exact English (SEE) Skillshop
Dates: December 6-8, 2019
For: Teachers, speech-language pathologists, paraprofessionals, and parents of children who are Deaf/HH
December Holiday Party with Signing Santa at Boys Town National Research Hospital
Date: December 7, 2019
Time: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Lied Learning and Technology Center (425 N 30th Street, Omaha)
Click here to register online for the December Holiday Party
See It & Be It: Deliberate Practice Workshop
Date: December 7, 2019
For: Sign language Interpreters
Sign Language Class: Conversational Skills
Dates: January 13, February 4, March 25, April 16
For: Parents, students, family members, professionals
Registration Deadline: One week prior to each class
Click here to register online for Sign Language Class
Statewide Spring Fling: The Hobby Shop
Dates: February 7-8, 2020
Registration: Will be available soon!
Roots & Wings Family Workshop
Dates: February 29-March 1, 2020
For: Families who have a child that was recently identified with hearing loss ages birth-3
Registration Deadline: December 20th
Other Community Related Events:
Interpreted Performances at the Rose Theater (all shows are at 2:00 pm)
- December 14th – Elf: The Musical
- February 8th – Howie D: Back in the Day
- March 7th – Anne Frank
- April 4th – Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed
- May 2nd – Corduroy
- June 13th – The Sound of Music
2020 Summer Youth Camps at Gallaudet University
Session 1 Dates: June 20-27, 2020
Session 2 Dates: June 28-July 5, 2020
Registration Deadline: May 1, 2020
- Bison Brainiacs: Designed for deaf and hard of hearing students entering Grades 9-12 who want to explore science and technology during the camp. A grant from the Northrup Grumann Foundation has made it possible for us to grant full scholarships to campers for this camp only.
- Discover Your Future: Designed for deaf and hard of hearing students entering Grades 10-12 who want to learn more about themselves, their skills, and potential careers. Students will also explore what vibrant Washington, D.C. has to offer.
- Immerse into ASL: A great opportunity for deaf and hard of hearing students entering Grades 10-12 to expand their American Sign Language (ASL) skills and learn more about Deaf culture and history. Beginner and Intermediate course levels are offered.
- Deaf Youth Pride: A camp for deaf and hard of hearing students entering Grades 9-12 who identify as a part of the LGBTQIA+ community and want to learn new skills to become an advocate for themselves and others.
- Got Skills? (Middle School Leadership and Sports camp): A design-your-own camp for deaf and hard of hearing students entering Grades 7-9 who want to enhance their team building, leadership, and sports skills.
2020 Summer Youth Programs at RIT