Scholarship: TDI Communication Access Scholarship Program
TDI’s Communications Access Scholarship Program was set-up to encourage and reward graduating high school seniors who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened or deaf-blind to improve communication access within their communities.
Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
TDI Scholars are well-rounded, bright students who not only excel academically, but are also actively involved in their communities and their schools. These students are passionate and service oriented, and demonstrate a sustained commitment to bettering their community.
- Applicants must be grade 12 students graduating in 2019.
- Applicants must be committed to attending post-secondary school starting in Fall 2019.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Current TDI board members and staff as well as their siblings, children, and grandchildren are not eligible for the Access Communications Scholarship Program
- Demonstrated record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities.
- Participation in extracurricular school activities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Academic achievement
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their school guidance counselor.
Award: $2,500 (up to 6 scholarships awarded)
Deadline: May 15, 2020