Award: $500 (renewable over 4 years for up to $2,000)
For: An undergraduate or graduate student meeting one of the following criteria:
1. Showing disability of profound hearing impairment in both ears
2. Seeking a career in Deaf Education
- Applicant must be a Nebraska Resident and a graduate from an accredited High School.
- Applicant must show proof of hearing loss by audiology documentation (if applicable).
- Applicant must provide verification of enrollment as a full time (12 credit hours) student into an institution of higher learning in a course of study to assist the deaf or hearing impaired.
- Proof of scholastic ability is required. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Scholarship will be paid to the college or university on behalf of the student at the beginning of the second semester of continued enrollment. Scholarship may be renewed by application over four years of continued enrollment, however, no individual may receive more than an accumulated total of $2,000.00.
Deadline: March 15, 2016