Please click on the links above to learn more about our program, or feel free to contact us to answer any questions you have!
Position Available: Deaf Educator
There is a position opening for a Deaf Educator in the Beatrice Public Schools district located in Beatrice, Nebraska. Please click the link above to be directed to their website.
Position Available: ESU 4 Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher
ESU 4, representing school districts in Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, and Richardson Counties, is accepting applications for a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher. ESU 4 offers an outstanding salary and benefit package. For more information regarding this position, please contact Ellen Stokebrand. View the complete job description.
- BS/BA in Deaf Education
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a dynamic work environment.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license with the ability to drive to meet the requirements of the job.
- Masters degree in Education with Speech Pathology or Masters degree in Speech Pathology.
- Valid Nebraska Teachers Certificate with appropriate endorsement(s).
- Work as a team member with ESU 4 and school district staff.
- Attend local and regional meetings/trainings related to role and responsibility.
- Support ESU 4’s mission and vision.
- Plan and provide instruction for students who are deaf and hard of hearing. Sessions may be held in the classroom or an alternate site.
- Observe, record, and measure the performance of students in consultation with SLP, language resource or resource teacher.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Consult with classroom teachers.
- Participate in professional workshops and staff development opportunities for program development and professional growth.
Applications will be open until the position is filled. Please send a request to access the application form. Any questions regarding the application process can be directed to:
Ellen Stokebrand, Director of Special Education
Educational Service Unit 4
PO Box 310
Auburn, NE 68305
402.274.4354 (ext. 109)
The SNRP website was last updated October 18, 2019