Please click on the links above to learn more about our program, or feel free to contact us to answer any questions you have!
Casting call for student film “Space is Silent”!
Auditions: April 18-19, 2019
Who: Male, age 10-15, who is Deaf/HH and Female, age 18-25, who knows ASL
Research Participants Wanted!
The Neuroimaging for Language, Literacy and Learning (NL3) at UNL is conducting a research study on the brain networks involved in reading in children age from 5-15 years old. Click the above link for more details on this study!
Position Available: Deaf Educator
There is a position opening for a Deaf Educator in the Beatrice Public Schools district located in Beatrice, Nebraska. Please click the link above to be directed to their website.
Position Available: ESU 4 Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher
ESU 4, representing school districts in Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, and Richardson Counties, is accepting applications for a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher. ESU 4 offers an outstanding salary and benefit package. For more information regarding this position, please contact Ellen Stokebrand. View the complete job description.
- BS/BA in Deaf Education
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a dynamic work environment.
- Valid Nebraska driver’s license with the ability to drive to meet the requirements of the job.
- Masters degree in Education with Speech Pathology or Masters degree in Speech Pathology.
- Valid Nebraska Teachers Certificate with appropriate endorsement(s).
- Work as a team member with ESU 4 and school district staff.
- Attend local and regional meetings/trainings related to role and responsibility.
- Support ESU 4’s mission and vision.
- Plan and provide instruction for students who are deaf and hard of hearing. Sessions may be held in the classroom or an alternate site.
- Observe, record, and measure the performance of students in consultation with SLP, language resource or resource teacher.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Consult with classroom teachers.
- Participate in professional workshops and staff development opportunities for program development and professional growth.
Applications will be open until the position is filled. Please send a request to access the application form. Any questions regarding the application process can be directed to:
Ellen Stokebrand, Director of Special Education
Educational Service Unit 4
PO Box 310
Auburn, NE 68305
402.274.4354 (ext. 109)
The SNRP website was last updated April 15, 2019