Schoo Middle School
Daily Student Announcements
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
Today is an ‘X’ Day
• The Scholastic Book Fair is today and tomorrow at the Media Center, during school, and during the student-led parent/teacher conferences Thursday night (Feb. 8th).
• North Star will hold a Meet the Gators Night for 3rd to 8th grade boys on Friday, Feb. 16th. Events run from 7 to 10:30 p.m. The registration fee is $25, and the deadline is Friday (Feb. 9th). Forms are available in the Schoo office.
• Due to Student-Led Parent-Teacher conferences, there will be no Student Peace on Thursday. And there are no basketball practices on Thursday. Eighth grade C team will practice this Friday because of conferences.
• You can exchange your Schoo tickets for Schoo bucks today after school. The mobile store carts will be open again tomorrow and Friday. The Schoo Store will be open tomorrow after school in each grade level and Friday before and after school.
• Mrs. Wehner will hold Science Fair workshops for students who are participating in the Schoo and LPS Science Fairs to work on, and get help with, their projects. Workshops are from 3 to 4 p.m. on Feb. 12, Feb. 15, and Feb. 28th. Schoo’s Science Fair is Thursday, Feb. 22nd from 3 to 4 p.m. in the multipurpose room. The LPS Science Fair is Thursday, March 1st from 5 to 7:30 p.m. in the Lancaster Event Center. To register for the LPS Science Fair, go to the LPS homepage and use the jump code PTBV.
• Take time to nominate your favorite teacher for the annual Lincoln Public Schools Thank You Teacher event. In honor of Nebraska Teacher Recognition Day – Tuesday, March 6th – LPS and KFOR/KFRX Radio are again collaborating to thank our educators with the annual Thank You Teacher contest. Nominations should be postmarked or sent by Friday, Feb. 9, at 5 p.m. and mailed to: Thank You Teacher, Communications, LPS District Offices, 5905 O St., Lincoln, NE 68510. You can also submit nominations online at: http://lps.org/go/recognize
Anyone who lives in Lincoln/Lancaster County can nominate a teacher in any of five categories: preschool-grade 2, grades 3-5, middle school, high school and retired. In addition to a written description, explaining why a teacher made a difference in your life, entries should include the teacher’s name, grade level and school (or contact information), as well as the nominator’s name, school and grade level (if applicable), address and phone number.
Five teachers will be chosen and honored at a special breakfast on March 6 at the Governor’s Mansion, where the five students who submitted the winning nominations also will be invited to attend and read their winning letters. The winners will all receive gift bags and prizes awarded by KFOR/KFRX and their sponsors.
The event is part of Nebraska Teacher Recognition activities. Sponsors include LPS, KFOR/KFRX, the Lincoln Education Association and the Foundation for Lincoln Public Schools.
For more information contact Mary Kay Roth, 436-1609, firstname.lastname@example.org .