Welcome Roper Families
Tuesday, August 11th
“Rocketing Students Toward Success!”
is our school’s mission.
Tuesday, August 11th
Our priority is on student learning, insuring every student is challenged to achieve or exceed grade level district and state expectations. We accept no limits on the learning potential of any child.
Roper is organized into grade level instructional teams: ExCITE (Preschool) through fifth grade. Staff works closely with parents, as we know that a strong parent, school relationship is critical to ensure student success.
Our School Improvement goals are…
- All students will improve achievement in mathematical problem solving.
- All students will improve achievement in reading comprehension.
As A Professional Learning Community, We Envision A School In Which Staff…
- Collaborates, shares and accepts responsibility for stakeholders
- Adapts, changes, grows, provides leadership and learns together
- Sets high expectations for all students and staff
- Partners with community to meet educational and emotional needs of all students
- Implements instructional practices that are data-driven and research-based
- Is reflective and strategic about growing toward cultural proficiency
- Celebrates accomplishments, growth and success
Parents and students can work hard to achieve these goals by…
- Working closely with their child’s teachers.
- Providing an area for daily study that is quiet and free of distractions.
- Most importantly… parents can help by reading with their child daily!
Roper offers art, music, physical education, technology and library media as specialty areas and we are proud of our strong parent, school relationships.
We work hard to provide a safe and orderly environment. With the building project that is taking place during this school year, it will be imperative that parents help to take extra safety precautions when dropping off and picking up their children. Roper staff is visible afterschool to help ensure a safe student dismissal.
We promote a safe, orderly and respectful environment, which promotes high levels of student engagement. Honoring the diversity and unique talents of our students is important as Roper has a high number of students from other cultures speaking fifteen different languages at home other than English.
The staff and students at Roper welcome you to visit our school.
Tim Muggy, Proud Principal
Roper Elementary School