Adolescents often struggle to find their footing in the world, and parents are often in for a wild ride as they maneuver this mine field with their child. If you or someone you know is struggling with the ups and downs of parenting at this stage in your child’s development there is help. The Child Guidance Center is offering classes for parents of adolescents from February 5 – March 12. The classes meet from 4:00 – 6:00 each Monday. Contact your student’s school counselor for more information.
6th Grade – Mrs. Dady
7th Grade – Mrs. Baxter
8th Grade – Mrs. Schuster-Graff
Parents/Guardians of 8th graders, is your child considering attending a high school other than the one in your attendance area? Please be aware that a choice form must be submitted prior to January 31, 2018 to be considered for this option. Option forms are available from Mrs. Schuster-Graff or at this link:
Also, please be aware that choice forms opting into North Star will also now be accepted. Previously this was not the case due to over crowding at North Star. As always, please feel free to contact Mrs. Schuster-Graff or the office with your questions.
Parents/Guardians of 8th grade students, would you like to learn more about what each of the comprehensive high schools offer in programming? There are several events coming up to help you make an informed decision regarding your student’s choice of high school next year.
HIGH SCHOOL INFORMATION NIGHTS
- East Wed., January 10 6:30 p.m.
- Southwest Thurs., January 11 6:30 p.m.
- North Star Thurs., January 18 6:30 p.m.
- Northeast Mon., January 22 6:30 p.m.
- Lincoln High Tues., January 23 6:30 p.m.
- Southeast Wednesday, January 24 6:30
SCIP is partnering with Lincoln Public Schools, Bryan Independence Center and the Lancaster Prevention Coalition to put on a series of valuable presentations about how to support the well-being of youth in our community.
Students and parents, are you struggling with questions related to homework in the evening? Would you like to be able to access tutors through an online chat session? Help is available from 2:00 – 11:00 seven days a week. The only thing necessary to access this help is a library card from Lincoln Public Libraries. Here are the steps to access Homework HelpNow, a service provided by Lincoln Public Libraries:
- Visit the Lincoln Public Libraries website at http://lincolnlibraries.org/
- Click on the Kids & Teens dropdown tab (in blue bar)
- From the dropdown menu choose Teens and then Homework Help
- Click on the blue Homework HelpNow tab
- You will see a blue Homework HelpNow button; click on it
- You will be asked to enter your patron barcode (your library card number found on the back of your card) and your PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number or your birthyear; if you don’t remember your PIN call the library – they are happy to help you retrieve your PIN)
- You will then be asked to set up an account with Brainfuse. Once your account is set up you can login. Choose your grade level and the subject area. A box will pop up in which you can type a question.
We are interested in how helpful this service is. Please feel free to drop us an email rating this online tutoring service!