- Extending the classroom
- Through video conference solutions LPS is able to offer a few of our courses to students in other districts across the state.
- Conversely, students in LPS high schools can remotely attend courses offered in other districts (or other LPS high schools)
- Enrichment activities
- With video conferencing equipment, teachers can bring experts into the classroom to enrich the learning experience for students through virtual field trips to zoos, museums, or other non-profits.
- Librarians and teachers are able to set up classes to meet with authors of books they read and study.
- Professional learning
- LPS staff can sometimes avoid driving to remote locations to attend statewide committee meetings, conferences, and other obligations.
The Curriculum department is home to the LPS Digital Learning Coordinator.