Home of the Graduating Classes of 2021, 2022, and 2023
Back to School Night is August 10, 2016 from 5:00-6:30 p.m. (This is an open house for all Park families).
All 6th and 7th grade students at Park will be issued a Chromebook to support their learning this year. Chromebooks will be distributed during the first week of school in their 1st or 3rd period classes. This message serves as a reminder regarding the Responsible Use Agreement (RUA) and additional information regarding the Student Computing Device Coverage Program.
Responsible Use Agreement (RUA)
Each year, a signed RUA (by a parent/guardian AND the student) must be submitted before a Chromebook can be checked out. The RUA is being sent home via US mail the week of July 25. RUA’s can be returned to Park at Back to School Night on August 10 or anytime between now and when school begins. You are welcome to download and print a copy at the following location: lps.org/go/R2PU.
Student Computing Device Coverage Program
To protect students and families from full financial responsibility for device repairs and/or replacement, LPS offers an optional Student Computing Device Coverage Program. The premium for participation in the program is $20.00, annually ($10.00 for students who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch Program). More details about the program, including a schedule of repairs and fines, can be found here: lps.org/go/OFRG
While participation is optional, the premium will be reflected as a fee in Synergy ParentVUE/StudentVUE for ALL 6th and 7th grade students enrolled at Park beginning on July 22, 2016. If you choose to participate in the program, there are two options to make the premium payment:
- Online via Credit Card (Recommended to reduce wait times during Back to School Night on August 10 from 5:00-6:30 p.m.)
- Login to *ParentVUE (contact Park for assistance)
- Click on the fees tab, then click on the link in the upper left that says “Click here to pay student fees electronically via SchoolPay”
- Make the payment via SchoolPay (directions can be found here: lps.org/go/OWO1)
- SchoolPay allows you to make payments online through a secure payment system. You add the fee to your cart, and proceed to checkout. The first time you access SchoolPay, you must create a unique SchoolPay account but every time after, you will use that account when paying electronically.
2. On-site via Cash or Check (This can be done anytime from 7:30 a.m-3:30 in the Park Main office or at Back to School Night on August 10).
If you choose not to participate in the program, the fee can be ignored and will be removed after the enrollment window closes on August 31.
Again, a signed RUA is required in order for a Chromebook to be checked out to a student.
*If you have not accessed the LPS Synergy ParentVUE portal before, reference the activation letter given to you by your school. If you do not have your activation letter any longer, please contact our Registrar (Jeannie) at Park.
We look forward to a great school year!
Park Middle School
Home of the graduating classes of 2021, 2022, 2023
– – – – –
The 110 staff members of Park Middle School are dedicated to providing the highest quality education and empowering all students to succeed in a culturally diverse community, nation, and world.
– – – – –
7th Grade Health Requirements
- Physical Exam
- Vision report
- Hearing report
- Dental Report
- Updated immunization record:
- TDaP is required for school attendance
under Health Services
– – – – –
- If a student is/will be absent – Parent/Guardian should call 402-436-1212 Ext: 1, to inform our attendance office. If the Office is unaware of an absence, the student will be marked truant.
- If a student needs to leave during the day, Parent/Guardian should call the Office as early in the day as possible so we can arrange for the student to be waiting. If a student needs to be picked up while they are at lunch, or in PE or taking a test, dismissing them in a timely manner can be more complicated.
ParentVue is a great resource if you would like to keep ‘real time’ track of your students grades/attendance. If you need a username and password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. She will give you the log-in credentials.
Thank you for helping make Park great!
Ryan Zabawa, Principal
– – – – –