Home of the Graduating Classes of 2021, 2022, and 2023
It is hard to believe we are in week six of school. We are very pleased with the hard work students have exhibited so far this school year. I do have a few reminders and some calendar events to pass on:
- Student Picture day is Monday, September 26.
- Tuesday, September 27 is a PLC Day. Students get out of school at 1:38 p.m.
I would also like to remind families about our Before/After School procedures. Campus does not open until 7:30 a.m. For the safety of all of our students, we ask that students are not arriving at school until 7:30 a.m. (except students attending BGC morning program). The after school dismissal bell rings at 2:58. All students need to be picked up, walking home, at practice, or at the Boys and Girls Club by 3:10.
I want to close by saying thank you for all you do in supporting Park Middle School!
Park Middle School
Park/Boys & Girls Club Construction Project
12,000+ sq.ft. gym, 2 classrooms, restrooms, and Boys and Girls Club commons space.
– – – – –
Park’s Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) Committee is looking for parents and guardians who are interested in helping to plan social events and service activities throughout the school year to increase family involvement at Park.
- Attend monthly meetings with teachers, administrators and students for planning
- Make contact with other community members who can help aide in our mission
- Help plan and attend the monthly and/or quarterly family events
Those who are interested will need to complete both the survey and the LPS Volunteer Form, both listed below. We would like to start meetings in October. We will make contact with you once we have received your information! We look forward to working with you.
– – – – –
– – – – –
– – – – –
LPS hosting six ‘Digital Citizenship’ events this fall
Lincoln Public Schools will host six community events this fall centered around safety in technology and social media. LPS has partnered with Ryan Sothan from the Consumer Protection Division of the State Attorney General’s office, a state leader in best practices for the use of technology for families and students.
Each presentation is the same, and all are free and open to all ages. Attend the presentation that fits your family’s schedule best:
- Mickle Middle School – Sept. 22, 6:30 p.m.
- Culler Middle School – Sept. 27, 6 p.m.
- Scott Middle School – Oct. 3, 6:30 p.m.
- Pound Middle School – Oct. 24, 7 p.m.
- Park Middle School Nov. 14, 7 p.m.
- Schoo Middle School, Nov. 17, 6:45 p.m.
About Sothan’s presentation: Think of “Digital Citizenship: Rules of the Road for Safely Navigating the Information Superhighway” as Driver’s Ed, a primer designed to raise awareness and prepare families and students to drive and interface with today’s information technology—including social media and smartphones—in a safe, responsible, and respectful manner.
About Sothan: As Outreach Coordinator within the Nebraska Attorney General’s Office, Ryan has statewide responsibility for developing and implementing community-based initiatives for educating Nebraskans in the areas of consumer fraud, predatory and illegal business practices, and Internet safety.
After each presentation, LPS will have staff available for parents to ask questions regarding technology in schools, including Chromebooks – a device being rolled out to LPS students over the next two years.
– – – – –
- If a student is/will be absent – Parent/Guardian should call 402-436-1212 Ext: 1, to inform our attendance office. If the Office is unaware of an absence, the student will be marked truant.
- If a student needs to leave during the day, Parent/Guardian should call the Office as early in the day as possible so we can arrange for the student to be waiting. If a student needs to be picked up while they are at lunch, or in PE or taking a test, dismissing them in a timely manner can be more complicated.
ParentVue is a great resource if you would like to keep ‘real time’ track of your students grades/attendance. If you need a username and password, please contact email@example.com. She will give you the log-in credentials.
Thank you for helping make Park great!
Ryan Zabawa, Principal