“The library will cultivate curiosity and creativity in a welcoming, supportive environment with access to engaging and thought provoking resources, which promotes the joy of reading and exploration. It will provide digital tools and training for achievement and evolve as needed to best serve its patrons and community.”
Mr. Purtzer started at Lefler in January of 2013. He recently graduated from the UNO Library program with Masters of Science in Education. Mr. Purtzer has been a computer and science teacher previously and worked for a Lincoln e-commerce company as a Database Administrator. He enjoys reading science fiction, fantasy, mysteries, historical fiction, realistic fiction, and young adult fiction. Mr. Purtzer would like to help you find your next book.
ps. He has also been know to juggle cows, ask him for a demonstration
Mrs. Howell has a teaching degree from the University of Nebraska for Music Education. She taught band for a year in Friend, NE, was a substitute teacher in LPS since 2011, was the secured entrance monitor at Lefler the Fall of 2014, a Para at Lefler the Spring of 2015 and is now the Media Secretary at Lefler. She enjoys reading fiction, mystery, fantasy and historical books.
Goals of the Lefler Library
1. Promote literacy and reading through a relevant print and digital collection and library activities
2. Work collaboratively with the Faculty and Staff for student instruction and staff training
3. Promote appropriate Web 2.0 tools with students in classroom for projects
4. Assist staff and students with implementation of District technology initiatives
5. Increase the use of digital research tools and resources to facilitate inquiry