Click HERE for information about how to request a Zoom Conference with your counselor, school social worker or school psychologist.
Seniors: Heading to UNL next year? If so you and your family can get questions answered during the UNL Next Steps presentation Thursday March 19th in the LSW Auditorium at 6:00 PM.
During Next Steps at Nebraska, representatives from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will answer questions regarding your next steps for enrollment, such as submitting your enrollment deposit, scholarships and financial aid, New Student Enrollment, housing, and commuting to campus. You will also be able to meet with a few of the academic colleges at UNL who would be able to answer any specific questions you have about your intended major/program.
Current high school seniors who attended Hill Elementary school for at least 4 years may be eligible for one of two $500 scholarships toward college expenses. Access this scholarship application and many others on the ScholarshipQuest website (if you don’t see this scholarship in your list on ScholarshipQuest, be sure your profile lists Ruth Hill Elementary as one of your elementary schools!).
Selection is based on:
• Grade Point Average
• Work and Volunteer Experience
• Extracurricular activities during 9th-12th grade only
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 27, 2020
The Bryan Cameron Education Foundation awards four-year, full-tuition, merit-based undergraduate scholarships to exceptional high school students who have demonstrated excellence in academics, extracurricular activities, leadership, and community service. The Cameron Impact Scholar is unique among their high-achieving peers in their desire to make an impact on their communities and in the world at large. This Scholar aspires to contribute to positive forces for change and plans to tailor their education to that end.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE CLASS OF 2021.
Early Application Deadline: May 22, 2020 at 12:00PM PT (NOON)
Regular Application Deadline: September 11, 2020 12:00PM PT (NOON)
The applicant must:
- Prioritize academic excellence (maintaining a minimum cumulative unweighted 3.7 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent in their high school studies);
- Be a citizen of the United States of America;
- Be in the high school graduating Class of 2021, planning to enroll in a full-time course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university for the full academic year following high school graduation;
- Excel in a broad variety of extracurricular activities. This includes, but is not limited to: athletics, academic clubs, music lessons, performance art, and philanthropic organizations;
- Be motivated leaders with a strong work ethic and social acumen. Scholars rise to the occasion and are both candid and confident;
- Demonstrate active participation in community service and in civic-minded arenas, exhibiting an appreciation for the world outside themselves and a belief in their own capacity to effect change on scales both large and small
Submit by the Application Deadline*:
- Online Application,
- Two (2) required Letters of Recommendation** (these letters MUST be submitted prior to the Application Deadline for an Application to be considered complete), and
- Transcript (unofficial is fine) certifying academic performance.
For more information please visit https://www.bryancameroneducationfoundation.org/home