A Chance for Scholarships:
The K-State Scholarship Network (KSN) is available for students to apply for additional awards at the university! By submitting your general application for the KSN, students will be considered for academic college, departmental, and University Foundation awards. Students will be notified later in the semester on additional scholarship award offerings. To apply you can visit http://www.k-state.edu/sfa/aid/scholarships/ksn/ and log in with your EID and password! Don’t forget the deadline for KSN applications is February 15th!
Spring Events for Students on Campus
Discover K-State Days are great for any high school students that have not been admitted to K-State. Whether you are just beginning your college search or are wanting to narrow down your academic major, it is a way for students to connect with two different academic colleges, learn more about maximizing your scholarship opportunities, get a walking tour of campus, hear from a student panel and so much more! Admitted Wildcat Days are for those seniors who have been admitted to K-State! You will get to meet with your academic area, connect with representatives from Housing and Dining, Honors Program, Undergraduate Research, Financial Aid, and more! Both will have optional breakout sessions to dive deeper into your interests. More details about these event can be found at http://www.k-state.edu/admissions/visit/events
Orientation & Enrollment
Students who are ready to select an Orientation and Enrollment date will be able to do so in late February. This one-day on-campus event is required for all incoming freshmen, but students are encouraged to sign up for the extended Orientation program, Wildcat Warm-Up! It is a great way for students to spend the weekend with K-State, spending the night in the residence halls, eating in the dining centers, perfecting your Wabash, and meeting current students at the university! For more information, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/admissions/orientation
If you are planning to attend Iowa Western in 2020-2021, their scholarship application is now open! You will need to apply and be accepted to Iowa Western before you can complete the application – you will need your 7-digit IWCC student ID number to create an account.
Deadlines for the 2020-2021 academic year:
Presidential Scholarship (Applicants must be freshmen, enrolling directly from high school, and have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher. In addition to the application, each applicant must submit two original reference letters supporting the scholarship qualifications):
· March 15th by midnight CST
· April 22nd by midnight CST for full-year awards (fall/spring)
· November 15th by midnight CST for spring-only awards
Click here for the online application https://iwcc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com/CMXAdmin/Cmx_Content.aspx?cpId=869
Smithfield Foods began partnering with UNL in 2016 to support students with generous scholarships. In the first year, they identified 11 qualified students for $5,000 scholarships and the program has now grown to over 70 for scholarships that are now up to $7,500. Outside of Smithfield headquarters in Virginia, they have quickly become one of the most successful programs across the country. To apply for this scholarship:
· Students must file the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and the UNL priority date is April 1st.
· The application deadline for the Smithfield Scholars fund is now May 15th (although, April 1st would be recommended to maximize other opportunities at UNL).
· Incoming freshmen who have been admitted can apply for this scholarship through MyRED under the Financial Aid tab
If you have questions about the Smithfield Scholars Fund you can contact Deb Augustyn, Assistant Director of Scholarships and Financial Aid at email@example.com.
Additional information and updates:
· Smithfield Fund educational scholarships are available to dependent children and grandchildren of full-time and retired employees
· Employees must have worked with the company a minimum of 18 months for their dependent child or grandchild to be eligible
· Recipients must maintain a 2.5 GPA to remain eligible and must reapply for the scholarship each year (we reach out to each recipient to reapply)
· Recipients must submit a note each year describing their educational achievements and goals (through an efficient electronic thank you note system)