During Pirates Pitch, students can learn the basics of entrepreneurship and idea generation by pitching their own business idea. Enter and put their entrepreneurial know-how to the test against other high school students. Students have an opportunity to earn a scholarship and a cash prize.
- 1st Place Winner: $2,500 cash prize. Plus, a $10,000 scholarship to attend Seton Hall University ($2,500 annually).
- 2nd Place Winner: $1,000 cash prize. Plus, a $6,000 scholarship to attend Seton Hall University ($1,500 annually).
- All other Finalists will receive a $4,000 scholarship to attend Seton Hall University ($1,000 annually).
How to Enter
Interested tudents must submit an original business idea that, in 350 words or less, describes an innovative product or service that they would like to create. Or, students can share about a business they’ve already launched! They must be sure to answer the following questions:
- What problem does your product or service solve?
- How do you propose making money?
- Who are your customers and why will they buy your product or service?
- Who is your competition and how are you going to be better than them?
Tuesday, October 29 at midnight.
All high school sophomores, juniors and seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Ten finalists will be selected by late October and invited to present their business ideas, in person or via Skype, to a panel of judges at Seton Hall University on Friday, November 22 from 3–5 pm, with a reception to follow. Plus, students can make a weekend out of it and attend our Open House on Sunday, November 24.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of this great opportunity to put their skills to the test and earn money for college. Learn more by visiting shu.edu/go/HSPitch.