For seniors looking to get connected with an approved organization/opportunity for their 20 volunteer hours, such a list for the 2017-2018 school year is available here.
Here’s the 411 on GoPo and its community service requirement:
- In order to meet graduation requirements, students must complete 20 hours of community service.
- To count, these hours must be:
- completed with a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- completed outside of the student’s school day
- Other requirements of note:
- Students may volunteer for a religious organization as long as he/she is not engaged in religious instruction. For example, a student teaching Bible Study will NOT count, but a student helping to build a “Habitat for Humanity” house with his/her church WILL count.
- Students may volunteer for an LPS school or organization, as long as he/she is not performing regular job duties in which someone is already assigned. For example, a student helping with locker checkout will NOT count but a student volunteering for a PTO Fun Night WILL count.
Don’t hesitate to contact a GoPo teacher or your counselor if you have other questions. 🙂