WashU’s new application deadlines are as follows:
- Early Decision – November 1
- Regular Decision – January 2
- Financial Aid
- Early Decision – November 15
- Regular Decision – February 1
- Academic Scholarships
- All applications – January 5
WashU now accepts self-reported test scores
- WashU will now accept self-reported scores on the Common and Coalition applications.
- This policy will make the application more accessible for students, as they will not have to formally request scores and pay for each college to receive the scores.
- Only enrolled students who submitted unofficial scores will be asked to send official scores reports from testing agencies.
Application Fee Waivers
As part of Washington University’s commitment to access and meeting 100 percent of demonstrated need for all admitted students, it will now make it more affordable for low income students to apply to WashU. Effective this application cycle, it will waive our $75 application fee for families whose income is $75,000 or less. This new policy also aligns with our current no-loan policy for students from families with incomes of $75,000 or less.
- Students may request a fee waiver directly on the Common or Coalition Application.
WashU welcomes and supports a diverse and inclusive community of students from all financial backgrounds.
Information about Early Decision
Students who have fully explored the opportunities at WashU and are clear that WashU is their first choice are encouraged to consider applying ED. Just over a third of this year’s entering class utilized the ED option. WashU’s commitment to meeting 100 percent demonstrated need includes students who apply ED, and they will receive their financial aid awards when they receive their ED decisions.