Mary Baldwin is a distinctive small university located in the beautiful Staunton, Virginia, close to Harrisonburg and Charlottesville. Beginning in Fall 2017, at Mary Baldwin University men and women can experience our fast track-career programs through its residential University College by participating in any one of these signature living and learning communities:
- Murphy Deming Scholars in the Health Professions: Students can earn their degree in health sciences, biology, chemistry, or psychology in three years and enter graduate school early with a professional portfolio of internships, clinical shadowing, and research.
- Education Leaders: Students can earn a bachelor’s degree and a Master of Arts in Teaching in four years and enter the workforce licensed in one or more high demand areas, prepared to lead in the classroom and beyond.
- Shakespeare and Performance: Immersive cultural experiences leading to Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in 4 or 5 years (Master of Letters in Shakespeare; Master of Arts in Teaching; Micro-MBA). Students will learn from experienced, talented, and professional faculty as well as esteemed guest artists.
Within the residential College for Women, there are even more unique learning opportunities for students:
- Women Entrepreneurs: A pioneering new living learning community leading to a certificate in entrepreneurship and an MBA in four years.
- Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership: The nation’s only cadet corps for women, VWIL is a premiere leadership program that supports the self-discipline needed to succeed in military and civilian life.
- Program for the Exceptionally Gifted: Skip all or part of high school through this immersive, accelerated path to a bachelor’s degree.
Experience the Leadership Advantage. This signature set of experiences will prepare you well for your future. You will connect ideas with action through:
- Exceptional academics guided by faculty who are committed to student success; 56 majors and minors
- Opportunities for experiential learning, in and out of the classroom; 570 leadership positions
- Personal and professional development, so students can translate their education into career success
Please visit the university’s website here for more information on these exciting programs and new initiatives.