The LPS Summer School Registration Booklet is currently available at www.lps.org under the Instructional Departments category. Summer school classes will be held at North Star High School and begin Wednesday, May 25th and end Thursday, July 7th. Students enrolled in a six-week class will be dropped from class if absent for three consecutive days or five times — for any reason — including due to late registration.
High school summer school is open to students who are currently in grades 9-12 during the 2015-16 school year. Students will register for summer school at their current LPS high school counseling center, using the following schedule:
- Week of April 18th – Registration for current 12th grade LPS students only
- Week of April 25th – Registration for current 11th & 12th grade LPS students only
- Week of May 2nd – Registration for all current LPS students
- Week of May 9th – Registration for all current LPS students
- Schools will not accept any registrations after May 11th
- Schedules will be mailed home on May 18th
Late registration will be at North Star Summer School Office on May 25th and 26th between 1 and 3 pm on both days. No registrations or changes to a student’s schedule will be accepted after May 27th, 2016 at 3:00 pm.
Tuition for students currently attending an LPS school or living in the LPS attendance area for the 2015-16 school year is as follows:
- $65 – 2.5 credit hours
- $130 – 5 credit hours
- $60 – each additional 5 credit course
- No cost for current LPS students qualifying for free or reduced lunch during the 2015-16 school year.
If a student is a ward of the state (Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services) the HHS guardian must attach a completed State Ward Provider Form to the student’s summer school registration prior to completing the registration process in order to receive free tuition if the student was not receiving the free and reduced lunch in LPS for the 2015-16 school year.