SS.K.1 My Country and Me
SS.K.1.1 We make the rules.
- Kids make rules to play and work together
- Parents make rules to keep us safe
- Teachers make rules to help us learn
- Mayors/Governors/Presidents/Police officers/Firefighters make rules to protect people.
- Sometimes we vote
SS.K.1.2 Rules come from the past.
- Rules help us change and grow
- Our country has rules
- People can work to change the rules
- Rules connect us (other places, other times)
SS.K.1.3 Rules help us get along.
- Following the rules helps everyone know what to do
- Following the rules helps prevent arguments
- Following the rules promotes sharing and cooperation
- Following the rules help us function independently
- Following the rules help us show each other respect
SS.K.1.4 Rules help us learn.
- Rules help us get our work done
- Rules help everyone listen
- Rules help us follow directions
- Rules help us show each other respect
SS.K.2 People and Celebrations
SS.K.2.1 Cultures celebrate traditions.
- Cultures celebrate different holidays
- Cultures celebrate seasonal events (harvest)
- Cultures eat special foods when they celebrate
- Cultures wear special costumes when they celebrate
- Cultures celebrate with different activities
- We respect cultural celebrations
SS.K.2.2 Families celebrate.
- Families celebrate school achievement
- Families celebrate activities
- Families celebrate anniversaries
- Families play games
- Families celebrate traditions
- Families celebrate special events
SS.K.2.3 Our country celebrates.
- Our country celebrates national holidays
- Our country celebrates religious holidays
SS.K.2.4 Schools celebrate special events.
- Schools celebrate special events
SS.K.3 Going Places
SS.K.3.1 People use transportation.
- People travel by land
- People travel by air
- People travel by water
- People travel to visit people and places
SS.K.3.2 Products and services use transportation.
- Products/services travel by land
- Products/services travel by air
- Products/services travel by water
- Product/services travel to get to people and places
SS.K.4 Where We Live
SS.K.4.1 We live in Lincoln.
- We have an address
- We live in different homes
- We live in a neighborhood
- Lincoln is a city
- Lincoln is the Capital of Nebraska
SS.K.4.2 We live in Nebraska.
- Nebraska is a state on the map
- Nebraska has many cities
- Nebraska has many farms
- Cities are different than farms
SS.K.4.3 We live in the United States.
- The United States is a country
- People live in many countries in the world
SS.K.4.4 We can identify places on a map and globe.
- We can identify water
- We can identify land
- We can identify roads
- We can identify specific places