The Ways and Means committee is proud to bring you LPSAOP gear with our current newer logo. We are selling T-Shirts and polos to raise money and provide another Friday option to wear to work, conferences, events or any time. The sale will run from today until Friday, September 21st. You order from the online store and pay online. Shirts will be delivered and available for pickup at the Fall event on Tuesday, October 30th or if we get them sooner, we will get them to you. Attached is a flyer with all the ordering information. If you have any questions, please contact Brenda Spieker, Ways and Means director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-436-1217, ext. 1.
Share your popcorn! Invest in yourself and others!
LPSAOP is having a GREAT fundraiser to raise money for our annual scholarship and general fund. Sharing Your Popcorn is a recognition of your personal and professional greatness. It’s reflecting on the best of who you are and harnessing your greatness to make a positive impact. In simple terms, Sharing Your Popcorn is giving the best of who you are, where you are and with what you have. Sam Glen shares his perspective and insight in his book.
We are selling chances to win one of ten AUTOGRAPHED books! These books are limited and are not sold anywhere but on Sam’s website at non-discounted price.
We are selling ticket chances at only 3 tickets for $5 or $2.50 for 1 ticket. Please send your tickets (click here for tickets) with name, address, email, phone and money to Brenda Spieker, Pound Middle School. Tickets will also be sold at the Fall Membership Event. Winners will be drawn at the Fall Membership Event and winners will be notified. You need not be present to win, but we would love to give to in person.
I’d like to share with you a little story that my very best friend once shared with me some time ago.
There is a marvelous story of a man who once stood before God, his heart breaking from the pain and injustice in the world. “Dear God,” he cried out. “Look at all the suffering, the anguish and distress in the world. Why don’t you send help?” God responded, “I did send help. I sent you.”
You are a part of an association that only the very best people in our field belong to. You are the elite. You are the cream of the crop. Only the very best people will make time and make the sacrifice to come to meetings and events on a regular basis like all of you.
I am excited about the upcoming year as President of LPSAOP. This past year we increased our membership by 27 office professionals which I would like to see us do again this year. By doing this, we keep our association strong which gives all of us opportunities to share our strengths with other members. As President, I would like to continue with our engaging and entertaining meetings, events and staff development. I would like to encourage all of you to be confident and courageous. I would like all of you to be empowered as office professionals and also in your personal life. But, most importantly, I would like all of us to help create the leaders of tomorrow by sharing our strengths and skills with each other.
At last year’s national conference, I had the opportunity to listen to a motivational speaker by the name of Sam Glen. If you have EVER heard Sam speak, you know the excitement that he shares. I received one of his books in my first time attender bag called “Share your Popcorn”. This book is about how a little positivity can change everything. I’d like to share what Sam has to say about what “sharing your popcorn” really means (Pages 16-19). I have chosen Sam’s book title as my theme for my year as President.
If you had to describe yourself in one word only, what would it be? That one word is your POPCORN. It’s the heart and attitude you share with others everyday through your work and personal leadership. We are all leaders. When you woke up today, you started your day by making choices. That’s leading yourself. Leadership is the assumption of responsibility and how we manage that responsibility daily. Popcorn is the heart we choose every day. It’s your attitude! What is your one word? Whatever it is, that’s your popcorn!
According to Sam Glen, there are 10 principles of sharing your popcorn.
Sharing Your Popcorn is:
1. Giving Your Best Everyday
2. Caring from the Heart
3. Following through and finishing strong
4. Recognizing, rewarding and Inspiring Greatness in Others
5. Setting an Example others will replicate
6. Learning, growing and expanding everyday
7. Demonstrating courage outside the comfort zone
8. Turning a mess into something meaningful
9. Taking one thing every day and all day- responsibility
10. Leading with purpose
As President of LPSAOP, I would like to share my popcorn with all of you!
So. . . .until we see each other again, please, please keep sharing your popcorn!
Please help us get these positions filled so our LPSAOP board is complete and is able to continue working hard for ALL of the Office Professionals at Lincoln Public Schools. Please contact Peggy Clagett at 402-436-1142 or email@example.com to nominate your fellow LPSAOP members or consider YOURSELF for on of these great positions!
Enjoy meeting new people?
Need credit towards your PSP certification?
Want to make a difference in our association?
Join a committee today and gain experience, friendships, and much more!
Check out the list below of current committees looking for volunteers and contact Tami Friend (firstname.lastname@example.org) on how to join!
- Audit/Budget – Prepare and submit the annual budget for the association and audit the accounts at the close of the fiscal year.
- Bylaws – Delve into the committee that looks make our association run effectively and efficiently by strengthening and maintaining our bylaws.
- Community Networking – Look for ways our association can serve our local community.
- Conference Liaison – Gather and share information on state, area and national conferences that benefit the professional development of our associations members.
- Fall Membership Event – Help plan and organize the first gathering and meeting of our association in the new school year.
- Historian – Help gather materials, protect and promote the proud history of our association.
- Insurance & Safety Liaison – Acts as a liaison between our association and the district on all things insurance and safety
- Media – Offers you opportunities to work with our Chronicle newsletter, LPSAOP Website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Membership – Help promote new members, retain current members by assisting in maintaining our membership records, and other duties as needed.
- Nominations – Do you have the confidence to ask others to share their knowledge and enthusiasm and run for office?
- PSP – If you have your PSP- consider helping others obtain their PSP. If you don’t have your PSP, join this committee to find out why you should and help others obtain theirs, too.
- Recognition – Two awards are given to nominated members each year! Help us with the nomination and award process!
- Recognition and Installation – Help plan the banquet for the recognition of award winners, retirees and installation of the new officers.
- Scholarship – Promote and award the LPSAOP scholarship to LPS students.
- Spring Membership Event – Showcase your event planning abilities. Consider hosting this event or help in the planning process.
- Staff Development – Help plan, organize and promote staff development and professional growth.
- Ways and Means – Help plan and organize fundraising events for our association.
- Winter Membership Event – Yet, another great opportunity to hone your event planning abilities. Consider hosting this event or help in the planning process.