PSAT TEST DATE: Oct. 13, 2018:
To be considered for National Merit Scholarships, a junior must take the PSAT. Students MUST register through the schools’ counseling offices; no online PSAT test registration is available.
The PSAT registration cost is $25 and is due at the time of registration. Fee waivers are available for juniors who are free/reduced lunch eligible. Please talk to Mrs. Lindhurst in the Counseling Center when signing up for the test if you qualify for a waiver.
IF YOU ARE A SOPHOMORE OR JUNIOR, PLANNING TO ATTEND A 4-YEAR COLLEGE AFTER GRADUATION, THIS IS FOR YOU!
The Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT) is coming up on October 13th, 2018. This test is only administered once a year and it is designed specifically for sophomores and juniors planning to attend a 4-year college. For juniors this is a National Merit Scholarship qualifying test. Reasons you might want to take the PSAT are to:
- Practice for the “real” admissions tests (SAT and ACT) which you will take in
- the spring of your junior year and fall of your senior year;
- Receive college materials directly from institutions;
- Get information about how your skills in English and math compare to other students who plan to go to a 4-year college.
- Plan courses to take before you graduate from Northeast High School;
- Enter the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
ON THE DAY OF THE TEST YOU WILL NEED TO:
- Be at Northeast at 7:45 a.m.
No. 2 pencils
Calculator (not required, but helpful)
Photo ID (school ID or driver’s license is required)
ANY QUESTIONS? Please see, Mr. Burbach, in the Counseling Center.
Share this with your parents!!!
NATIONAL TEST REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
Registering for an LPS workshop DOES NOT register your student for the national test. You MUST register separately for the national test!