“Life After High School is a mentoring program for students in grades 9-12. Our goals are to have all participating students graduate high school successfully and to feel confident about navigating their futures. Students will receive one-on-one assistance with goal-setting, homework, career exploration, FAFSA, college and scholarship applications, and more! Join us every Tuesday (2:05pm-4:00pm) and Thursday (3:00pm-5:00pm) in the Media Center, Conference Room D.”
- Children and grandchildren of the Capital City Kiwanis Club members are not eligible to be considered for these scholarships.
- The Capital City Club & Foundation or Donor awards are $600.00 each.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors of Lancaster County High Schools, accepted at any community college or four – year college or university in Nebraska. (An exception exists for the Gwen and Al Farmer Nursing Scholarship offer for a non-traditional student).
- Scholarship award considerations and selection criteria include:
School and Community Service activities
Sincerity and Presentation
- Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Selection will be made with no discrimination as to gender, age, disability, religion or national origin.
- Applications must be legible; use of word processor is encouraged.
- All application information will be kept confidential in the selection process.
- Application forms are due March 15 to be reviewed and recipients notified by April 30.