Seniors may submit your FAFSA on your own at www.fafsa.ed.gov or schedule an appointment with an EducationQuest Specialist who will submit your FAFSA at no charge. Appointments can be scheduled by calling the LNE Counseling Center at 402-436-1303. Appointments are scheduled for 40 minutes at the Northeast High School Counseling Center or at the EducationQuest offices at 13th & O Streets.
LPS Foundation Scholarships now available! LPS high school students are now able to apply online for scholarships available through the Foundation for LPS at http://foundationforlps.org/scholarships. Scholarships range from $160 to $12,000. All applications must be submitted online and documents uploaded onto their STARS (scholarship software) account. Applications are due by March 6. LNE has nearly 40 scholarships for our students!
Bright Lights Summer Enrichment Program is looking for summer classroom assistant volunteers to help students K-9th Grade for the 2015 summer programs in science, arts, math, technology and music. They are accepting applications on-line beginning February 13 – March 20 at www.brightlights.org Classes are held the weeks of June 8-12, June 22-26 and July 6-10. For more information, email Barb Highstreet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Opportunities for LNE students:
• College visit Days- On each of College or University websites- Set up your visits today!
• Friday, February 13, 9:00 – Noon Sinclair Hille Architects Job Shadow Program
• Summer, 2015 Yale Summer Young Global Scholars Program Registration: by Feb. 26
• Thursday, February 26, 9:15-1:00 SCC – Milford John Deere Tech Career Day
For more information visit Student Opportunities under Useful Links
College Rep/Military Visits at LNE
16th Wayne State 9:00
18th UNL 8:55
23rd Central Community College
27th Joseph’s College of Hair 9:50
Juniors are encouraged to come to these visits.
Sign up in the Counseling Center.
New Scholarships posted on ScholarshipQuest or received in the LNE Counseling Center:
• UNO Balanced Man Scholarship – due July 31
• Cornhusker Kiwanis – due April 30
• Capital City Kiwanis – due March 16
• James Cox – due April 15
• Consumer Credit College Scholarship – due March 23
• LPS Foundation Scholarships – due March 6
• Butherus, Maser & Love 0- due April 10
• Home Run Foundation of Greater Omaha-Jackie Robinson Athletic Scholarship – due March 20
• Heartland Athletic conference Scholarship – due March 20
Students are reminded to check the EducationQuest ScholarshipQuest website for a more comprehensive list of national and local scholarships and their deadlines.