UNL’s College of Business Administration in Omaha has a new program for interested and high achieving business majors. 20 students will be selected for a $2,500+ renewable scholarship AND a $2,000 study abroad scholarship. Application in on UNO’s website – priority deadline is December 15.
Seniors who need to raise their Compass Score and/or apply to SCC, make sure you are on the list on the door outside the counseling center for Wednesday’s SCC Day at LNE.
Bryan College of Health Sciences Evening Programs are December 2 and Dec. 4. Visit www.bryanhealthcollege.edu
Susan Buffett Scholarship Application is now open for 2.5+ seniors attending a public college or university in NE. Start your application now and submit by February 1. It could pay your tuition or your room and board!
SCC Scholarship Workshop is Thursday, December 4. If you haven’t signed up, do so today.
EducationQuest Financial Aid Night is Monday, December 8 in our Theater. All students and parents should consider attending. It’s never too early to learn about how to pay for college. Seniors and parents need to attend for specific information on how to submit the FAFSA in February.
Upcoming Opportunities for LNE students:
• Tuesday, December 2, 6:30 – 8:30 PM Bryan College of Health Sciences Ultrasound Visit Day
• Thursday, Dec. 4, 6:30 – 8:30 Bryan College of Health Sciences Biomedical Sciences/Pre-Professional
• Friday, December 5, 9:00 – Noon Sinclair Hille Architects Job Shadow Program
For more information visit Student Opportunities under Useful Links
• Nebraskaland ModelT and Antique Car Club $500 scholarship for a student pursuing a career in the field of industrial tech and attending a Nebraska College. Pick up application from Mr. Freese, Mr. Boshart, Mr Schoening, Counseling Center or ScholarshipQuest.
• American Legion Scholarships – 2015 Maynard Jensen Memorial for financial need – March 1 Deadline and the 2015 Jim Hurlbert Memorial Baseball Scholarship with a June 15 deadline. Download from ScholarshipQuest
• University of Nebraska-Omaha Peter Kiewit Institute Scholarship – due December 15 for engineering related majors. Visit www.pki.nebraska.edu for info
• 2015 Cabela’s Women in Leadership Scholarship – $10,000 to a Nebraska senior attending a Nebraska College. Applications available Dec. 1.
• Susan Buffett Scholarship, 2.5+ GPA for public colleges in Nebraska – http://buffettscholarships.org/
• Herff Jones Believe in You Scholarship – get your principal or advisor to nominate you for a scholarship worth $2,000 – $12,000 at www.herffjones.com/buischolarship Due February 8.
Students are reminded to check the EducationQuest ScholarshipQuest website for a more comprehensive list of national and local scholarships and their deadlines.