Monday, November 3rd! Need help getting services? Meals? Housing? Resume assistance? GED? Financial Aid and IDA accounts? You and your family can access over 20 agencies offering resources and services in the Lincoln area by attending the YOUTH CONNECT, TONIGHT, 6-8 PM at The Bay, 2005 “Y” Street. Check out the poster on the Counseling Center door for more information.
SCC Learn to Dream Scholarship eligible students (free reduced lunch) need to return (or pick up) their Field Trip Form in the Counseling Center ASAP.
Attention all students and teachers interested in The Career Academy (TCA) – a joint venture between LPS and SCC, beginning next fall. You are invited to attend TCA Information Session in our LNE Commons next Tuesday, November 11 at 7:00 PM. More information is available on their website. Download the 2015-16 Application at www.tinyurl.com/TCAApp1415
The Susan Thompson Buffett Scholarship application is now open for you to begin your application! Due February 1. Don’t wait until the last minute! Must have a 2.5+ GPA, attend a state community college, state college or state university in Nebraska, have financial need (do not have to be Pell Grant eligible-families with household income of less than $90,000 should apply). Applicants are chosen based on the strength of their application and personal essay. Watch the Counseling Center Announcements and Texts to learn of the Buffett Scholarship Workshop we’ll have later this month!
This Friday is the deadline for the December 13 ACT Test! www.actstudent.org
Representatives this week are:
Wednesday- Missouri Western State- 8:00, UNMC Nursing program- 9:50
Thursday- St. Mary- 1:15
Upcoming Opportunities for LNE students:
• Yale Summer Young Global Scholars Program Summer, 2015 Registration: by February 26
• OxBridge Academic 2015 Summer Study Abroad Programs Summer, 2015
• December 2-3, 2014 Fly for Free to Discover Grand Canyon University in Phoenix
• Friday, December 5, 9:00 – Noon Sinclair Hille Architects Job Shadow Program
For more information visit Student Opportunities under Useful Links
• ACE PLUS scholarship for high school seniors who received an ACE Scholarship during high school. Apply at www.ccpe.state.ne.us/aceplus
• The Susan Thompson Buffett Scholarship application is now open for you to begin your application! Due February 1.
• 2015 GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship – $10,000 renewable up to $40,000 for high school seniors who embody the characteristics of President Ronald Reagan – leadership, drive, integrity, citizenship. Deadline is January 8, 2015 Apply online at www.reaganfoundation.org/scholarships
• Attention all our seniors who work at HyVee! HyVee awards up to $40,000 in scholarship to their employees. Go to www.hy-vee.com to apply. Due February 10 – need transcript, personal statement, resume and must work part time at HyVee and work toward a four year degree!