Juniors and Seniors at LNE: The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) Advanced Scholars program provides high school students the opportunity to complete UNL college credit before leaving high school at a reduced tuition rate. See http://online.unl.edu/programs-and-courses/high-school.aspx for more information.
Students interested in attending a United Stated Military Academy or ROTC program for college are invited to attend the 2014 Academy and Military Information Day at Lincoln North Star High School on Saturday, March 22 from 10:30 – 12:00 noon.
Attention 10th and 11th graders interested in a Health/Medical Occupation. There are 2 great opportunities available to you from LPS and St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center this summer. The Summer Internship Program is May 27-June 20. Students attending will receive a $500 Scholarship. Apply by May 1 by downloading the application at www.lps.org/instruction/curriculum/cte/internships/health.html or picking up an Application from your Science Teacher or School Counselor.
The 2nd great opportunity is a Summer Camp, June 2-6 at St. Elizabeth Regional Medical Center. Apply by May 1 at www.lps.org/instruction/curricululm/cte/internships/health.html. See you Science teacher or counselor for more info!
Sophomore and Juniors wishing to be considered for the CNA class, Fundamentals of Health Occupations need to make sure they register for this class for the 2014-15 school year. Students registered for this class next year will receive an Application for this class in May. See your Counselor for info.
Summer Job opportunity: Junior Saltdogs needs baseball umpires. Must be at least 16 years old and know baseball rules. Go to www.jrsaltdogs.com for application and more information.
Juniors – Friday, March 7 is the April 12 ACT Test deadline. The LPS ACT test during the school day is on Wednesday, April 23. Students will register in class for the LPS ACT test during the school but if students wish to get a “head start” and test on Saturday, April 12, they need to register at www.actstudent.org
Calling all young men in 11th and 12th grade: The Future Teachers Club is handing out $50 Coupons on the rental of your Tip Top Tux for LNE’s Prom on April 5. See a friendly future Teacher for the coupon to be used at Tip Top Tux!
All students and parents are reminded to check the LNE Counseling Website for college summer career camps, upcoming college representative visits, college and university Open House dates and more.
All students are reminded of the upcoming Lincoln Area College Fair sponsored by EducationQuest and held at Southeast Community College on Sunday, April 13, 1-3 PM.
Seniors are reminded to submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) based on family’s 2013 Federal Income Tax information. Appointments can be made at the downtown EducationQuest office by calling 402.475.5222 or at the Lincoln Northeast Counseling Center on Wednesdays by calling 402.436.1303. Seniors may also submit their FAFSA on their own at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Tip-Top-Tux is awarding $10,000 in college scholarships to local high school seniors Apply today at http://tttuxprom.com/docs/Scholarship_Application_2014.pdf
- Construction Trades Seniors – apply for the Lincoln Builders Bureau Scholarship $750. Go to www.buildersbureau.com. April 1 deadline
- Seniors who have been involved in Junior Achievement and are in the top half of your class need to consider applying for the 2014 scholarship. Application is due March 20.
- Southeast Community Scholarships are numerous and available at www.southeast.edu/scholarships
- Nebraska Mosaic, a project of the College of Journalism at UNL, is offering a college scholarship for freshmen planning to attend UNL. This scholarship is for refugees or children of refugees. The full application can be found at: http://cojmc.unl.edu/mosaic/2013/01/18/mosaic-scholarship/