Please make sure you do ALL of the following things before you leave today:
- EXPORT a PDF of your Deadline 1 Spread to the Deadline1Pdfs_12_17_19 folder in the 2020_Pdfs folder on the Yearbook Server.
Be sure it is named this way:
Page#_Spread Name_Your Name Example: 006_007_SummerStories_Naomi_Rodriguez
- ADD an Outline and Copy Template Doc for EACH of your future spreads in the appropriate Deadline Folder. Look on the ladder to find the spreads assigned to you and the page numbers.
- NAME the Outline and Copy Doc in the correct style:
Page#_Spread Name_Your Name
- GO to the LADDER and MAKE A LINK to your Copy Doc from your spread on the Ladder.
Final Exam Period:
Our final exam period is TOMORROW from 8:45 – 10:15.
We will use this time to finalize AND SUBMIT all Deadline 1 Spreads.
You must make all necessary changes and edits by the end of the period.
Today I’d like you to look at the LADDER to see what spread you need start working on for Deadline 1. Use the templates in Google Classroom (Start with the Spread Information Sheet) to begin gathering information.
Use the documents in the Student Staff Info 2020 folder to look for names, contact info, and schedules. If you need to find a student’s schedule, come see me, and I can look it up.
Here are some examples of questions to ask sources.
Log in to Walsworth to get to your spread in Online Design. We will be updating those pages for you today.
Cammie will also be conferencing with you individually about your spreads.
TODAY/RIGHT NOW/AS SOON AS YOU LOG IN, please copy the folder of photos you took last week into the folder titled: YRBK_FirstPhotos_Sept.2020 in the Class Read/Write folder on the server.
We will look through your photos together to see what images we might want to use.
We will also look at what worked well and what didn’t so that the next time you go out to shoot, you’ll have a better idea of what to do and what not to do.
We will also look at the ladder to see what Deadline 1 Spreads are assigned to you. We will also look at some forms to fill out once you’re assigned a spread. And we’ll look at the steps for the entire process of doing a spread.
I’d like to start looking at the photos that you took last week. Please do the following:
- Create a New Folder on your Desktop
- Name it: YRBKFirstPhotos_Date_Name – use the date that you took the photos and your actual first name.
- Open the Photos app.
- Select All of the photos and Drag them into the new folder on your desktop
- Open Adobe Bridge from your Applications Folder
- Drag the folder from your Desktop into the Bridge icon in your Dock.
- When you see the thumbnails of your images, go to Edit and choose Select All
- Go to the Tools menu and select Batch Rename
- In the selected field type the name of the folder as you did before, but add an underscore at the end: YRBKFirstPhotos_Date_Name_
- It should look like this:
- Be sure there are no spaces, periods, or dashes in the file name or it won’t name it correctly.
- Look at the bottom where it says New Filename to be sure it ends in .jpg.
- Connect to the Server: From your Desktop select Go – Connect to Server from the menu at the top of your window.
- Enter: smb://cobra.lps.net/journ/lhs
- You should see a folder called: Class HandIn.
- Drag the folder from your desktop into the Handin Folder
Tuesday: PLC Day – short schedule – Today we’re going to use Online Design to re-create a layout from last year’s book. You will create a Custom Template under the Planbook Tab, and use the tools to insert photos, make text boxes, headlines, and captions. Be sure to name the Template: Name_PracticePage. You will also insert images so that your page looks just like the example below. Use the tutorials on the Walsworth site.
Using Online Design (watch videos and more)
Click on this link for the Designing a Page tutorial.
Wednesday. Continue making the Practice page you started yesterday.
Practice Page Instructions:
Log in to the Walsworth Site
Click on this year’s book.
Click Online Design.
Click on PLANBOOK, then CUSTOM TEMPLATES then NEW to create a template.
Name the page Name_PracticePage
Use the tools in Online Design to re-create this page.
Be sure to include all text elements as well as photos and captions and graphics.
In Online Design:
- Create text boxes to insert stories, headlines, and captions. – You can copy and paste the text and captions from here.
- Create shapes to put photos in.
- Insert photos into frames. – Go to the Photo Tray to choose photos.
- Resize them so that they fit in the frames.
- Color the text to match the example.
Today we will be going over the Equipment Responsibility Agreement and Introducing our partners. Take a minute to discuss with your partner and make sure they are okay with the couple of things you will share with the class about them.
ALSO! Please be sure to check that you are pronouncing their name correctly!
Today we’re going to discuss Classroom Expectations. I know you’re excited about this.
Most of my rules and expectations are probably similar to other teachers’, but some are particular to this class. We’ll go over them today, and if you have any questions, be sure to ask or email me later.
I’m also going to be giving you a form today that I need you to sign and have your parent/guardian sign and return by Tuesday.
Remember that the new tardy policy begins TOMORROW.