Requirements for the Informative Speech
1.Time Limit: 5-7 Minutes (If it’s under 3 minutes it is an automatic F and you must redo it.)
2. Format: Must have correct parts of a speech.
– Introduction: Attention Getter, Thesis, Forecast
– Body/3-5 Main Points: Organized, clearly stated and including transitions and source citations
– Conclusion: Reviewed points, restated thesis, clincher
– Must have at least three sources cited and used in the speech (one for each main point)
– Must have a “Works Cited” page- use Noodletools.com to create. Must be printed out.
4. Visual Aid(s):
– Need AT LEAST one visual aid, used in the body of the speech- follow visual aid guidelines.
Must be neatly done and informative.
5. Outline/Final Draft:
– Must turn in an Outline on the date due.
– Must turn in the final speech to Turnitin.com BEFORE giving the speech to the class.
A student will NOT Pass this assignment if they:
1. fail to cite sources in speech;
2. plagiarize speech;
3. use another student’s speech as their own;
4. uses more than 150 directly quoted words;
5. do not hand in an MLA Works Cited page; or
6. simply read research.
**Presentations will begin:_____(Date to be determined)_________________
This speech is worth 200 points:
Outline 20 points
First Draft 20 points
Final Copy 50 points
Works Cited 10 points
Presentation 100 points