AS A GROUP (of 3) YOU WILL CREATE AND PLAN A DREAM VACATION FOR A FAMILY OF 4 (two adults, two teenagers) for a minimum of 5 days (including travel time).
You may choose your own groups.
Your group must work together to TEACH US about the place, and present the plan in class during our final exam period. MAKE US WANT TO GO THERE! (Use those persuasive skills you just demonstrated.)
Include these elements: (I would recommend that you assign each person one of these elements to be responsible for.)
Teach us about the country and/or city you will be visiting.
- A history of the country/city
- A description of the culture found in that country
- Basic information: Language, population, weather, etc.
- HOLIDAY – (Optional)
You must choose a special holiday, once a year celebration, or once a year event that is specific to that country. Your visit should be during that holiday.
- Describe HOW it is celebrated and WHAT it is for.
- Example: 4th of July in Washington DC
- SELLING POINTS
Include 3-4 main selling points of the trip. Tell us why we should choose your trip.
These should include:
- Places to visit: museums, malls, tourist sites, geographical phenomenons
- Example: Grand Canyon or Times Square in NYC
- Food to eat
- Example: Most famous restaurants or specific type of food to try- Crepes in Paris, or spaghetti carbonara in Italy.
- Activities to do
- Example: Riding tallest roller coaster, surfing, site-seeing, etc.
- EXPENSES – HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
- List travel and lodging expenses (roundtrip airfare, lodging, food, etc.)
- You will need to do some research for this and cite sources (Travelocity, Priceline, etc.) Don’t just make up amounts.
*Include one special meal at a nice restaurant
- Your budget is $8,000.
- Presentation should last 7-10 minutes
- Each group member must speak during the presentation
- Each group member must help research and create the presentation (You will get a chance to evaluate your group members.)
- Presentation (Powerpoint or Google Slides) MUST include:
- ONLY title or captions for words – not the text of your speech.
- Be sure to include the Google Slide presentation in your Google Classroom Folder with the Draft of your speech.
- Group Document– write a COLLECTIVE draft/script of your presentation. Have one member share the document in Google Classroom with the other two members. Everyone should work on the same document, so all of the information is in the same place.
- In parenthesis note who wrote which parts (Bob)
- AT LEAST 3 Sources
- list websites on last page of presentation slides
**You can use Culture Grams website to find information about the country and the people**
- Type in lps.org/medialhs
- Click on the blue “L”
- Scroll down to about halfway and on the left of the page you will see CultureGrams click on this image
- Find your city/country and get to work!