October 14, 2017
Held at Lincoln High School
7:30 – noon
Sign up begins Monday, September 18th in the Counseling Center
Cost will be $25.00
Students need to pay the Bookeeper, Kim Loth, in room 200R. Then bring the receipt to the Counseling Center to receive their ticket and practice book.
(Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test)
This test is designed specifically for juniors planning to attend a 4-year college. Reasons students might want to take the PSAT:
- practice for the “real” admissions tests (SAT and ACT) which they will take in the spring of the junior year and fall of the senior year;
- have college information sent to them “automatically”
- get information about how their skills in critical reading, math reasoning, and writing compare to other students who plan to go to a 4-year college;
- plan courses to take before they graduate from LHS;
- enter the National Merit Scholarship Competition.
Although the PSAT is designed for juniors, sophomores and freshmen often take it in order to give themselves practice for the test during their junior year.