Education Quest Sign Up
Our MissionTo systematically provide Guidance and Counseling services to all students which facilitate growth and development toward their full potential.
Hours & Location402-436-1301, ext. 37:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Summer School Registration is a two step process this year. Step One starts today. Please click this link to learn more!
LHS Students: During fourth quarter, all grades will either be Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory based on work completed and a special Coronavirus Pandemic Closure designation will be noted in student transcripts. For high school classes that run on a semester schedule, students will have the option of using their third quarter letter grade for their semester grade.
If you prefer to receive the standard A-F grade you earned at the end of 3rd quarter as your semester grade (instead of an S), you MUST complete this form and have your parent/guardian notify your school counselor by May 20, 2020.
LHS Students!You can now email your counselor or social worker to set up a Zoom (video conference) meeting!Here is a link with important information.
Food Distribution – Grab-and-Go Meals Weekly Distribution
Lincoln Public Schools continues to evaluate its meal program in an effort to maintain the safety of our community and make sure more children are able to access healthy meals. Based on current restrictions in place by the City of Lincoln, the following changes are being made to the grab-and-go meals provided at schools starting Monday, March 30.
- Four more LPS sites have been added, bringing the total number of sites to 12.
- More meals are being prepared for each location.
- Distribution will now be weekly on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Drive-thru sites are being set up at each location and families are strongly encouraged to stay in their vehicles and pick up the child meals in the drive-thru lane.
- To keep everyone safe, please follow LPS staff directions and signage.
- Please obey all traffic laws and do not block the regular flow of traffic, driveways or arterial streets surrounding schools.
- The sites will open at 11 a.m. and vehicle lines will not be allowed to form more than five minutes prior to opening.
- There is a walk-up area available for families who do not have a vehicle, but long lines will not be allowed. Please follow the directions from LPS staff. Cones will be set to promote proper line spacing.
- Each child will continue to receive five breakfasts and five lunch meals.
- The meals are for children only, and all children 18 and younger are eligible for meals.
- Children must now be present to receive the meals.
- Meals are also available to persons with disabilities, ages 18 to 21, who participate in LPS programs. They must also be present to receive the meals.
- For more information, visit our LPS Website at this link.
LPS Emergency Pantry:
Following our standard LPS closure policy, the LPS Emergency Pantry will NOT be open while LPS is closed. For more information about accessing the Lincoln Food Bank distribution locations visit their website: https://www.lincolnfoodbank.org/get-food/food-finder/
Lastly, for other community wide resources:
MyLNK is a website (https://mylnk.app) and a mobile app (for Apple and Android – search MyLNK) that has information about community resources. It can be downloaded in a wi-fi environment and then used when wi-fi is not available. The website provides translations in Spanish Vietnamese, and Arabic.
UPDATE: Due to Coronavirus outbreak, Education Quest has CANCELED to following College Fair. For more information, please go to www.EducationQuest.org
March 29th from 1:00-3:00 is the Lincoln Area College Fair at Southeast Community College. Over 80 colleges from all over the United States will be there for students to learn more information. Students can get a barcode at NebraskaCollegeFairs.org so colleges they are interested in can scan their information.
EducationQuest dropped off many fliers. If you would like one, please stop in to the Counseling Center to pick one up. This is especially great for 11th grade students!
Be sure to check out the current scholarships! You can check them out at the link here, and anytime under the Scholarships tab, Current Scholarships. We try to keep these scholarships as up to date as possible and add them as we are made aware of them.
Here’s a tip: Apply for as many scholarships as you qualify for.
Notice the new tab above, marked Counseling Calendar! We will try to keep this up to date with all the goings on of the Counseling Center. If you’re wondering when that ACT/SAT registration deadline is, when Apply2College Days are, or when Lincoln Graduation will be here for Cap & Gown ordering; these are all things you will find on the calendar, along with so many more!